Suppa G-Shock strap adapters
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Suppa G-Shock strap adapters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I received a set of the new Suppa G-shock PVD adapters the other day. They are machined out of SS and accept a 24mm strap using standard spring pins. I also picked up a 2 piece PVD Zulu to use with the adapters. I installed both on my new GW-7900B. After installing the adapters and strap I found that the combo is too big for my 7 1/4" wrist.
    Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x768px.

Initially I tried the adapters with a standard NATO strap but found that the adapters "hinged" inwards so that the watch wouldn't sit flat on my wrist.

Old and Busted - Page 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rentacop; December 12th, 2013 at 22:24.
    nigelw and G-fob like this.

Re: Suppa G-Shock strap adapters

Looks like a "return" to vender - especially if it doesn't allow the once piece nylon to lay flat with the watches casing...
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Can you please mount a one piece - threaded - with these keepers and snap one wrist shot for us ?

Thanks
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks for sharing man, you saved us lots of money

No problem, G-fob. I think they'd be ok for a bigger wrist or on a smaller G. Steelinnox, unfortunately I replaced the adapters with the original strap already. The stock strap on the 7900 is actually really comfortable... Here's some more of my impressions of the adapters though:
    -They are difficult to use with a "Zulu" strap because they are typically quite thick. The space between the spring pin and the adapter will just accommodate it but the inflexibility of the thicker strap won't allow it to sit flat on your wrist. After trying the adapters with a 24mm Zulu that I have on one of my divers, I decided that the 2 piece Zulu was the way to go...
    - The adapters are also difficult to use with a normal NATO strap as well. This is because the "keeper" of the strap isn't quite long enough to accommodate the longer "lug to lug" length that the adapters create. This ends up pulling the adapters together again resulting it the watch not sitting flat. This may not be a issue with a G with shorter lug to lug dimensions like perhaps a 6900.
    - one strap that may have worked better is the third variety on NATO, the G10 I believe they're called. They're made of thinner material and don't have the "keeper" section. I never tried one of these.

Last edited by Rentacop; December 13th, 2013 at 05:26.

Something definitely looks off.

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    thanks for sharing man, you saved us lots of money
    Agreed -- I know that I won't be ordering a set now! (I usually follow the "if you can't say anything nice...." philosophy around here, but since Rentacop has already switched back to the original strap.... )

Quote Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
    - The adapters are also difficult to use with a normal NATO strap as well. This is because the "keeper" of the strap isn't quite long enough to accommodate the longer "lug to lug" length that the adapters create. This ends up pulling the adapters together again resulting it the watch not sitting flat. This may not be a issue with a G with shorter lug to lug dimensions like perhaps a 6900.
    It's an issue with "normal" resin strap adapters and watches as small as a 5600: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ano...ry-814808.html

There are some great pictures by Sedi in that linked thread showing how the watch "rides up" above the strap.

- one strap that may have worked better is the third variety on NATO, the G10 I believe they're called. They're made of thinner material and don't have the "keeper" section. I never tried one of these.
    Based on everything I've read here, "NATO" and "G10" are the same strap -- two layers of nylon webbing with four squared-off "rings" and a buckle. This same problem occurs with "5 ring Zulu" straps which have the same two layers of nylon webbing with heavier, oval rings.

Because of slightly different ring spacing between manufacturers, though, one NATO-type strap might work for one person on a particular "G" model, and another similar strap might not work on the same model for another person.

The only straps that are more or less guaranteed to work without modification (because they don't have the extra rings!) are the "3 ring Zulu straps."

I was tempted to take a NATO and cut off the extra keeper part and try that. When i ordered the adapters i was hoping they were 22mm because I have lots of 22mm straps kicking around but only had the one 24mm Zulu. I have a feeling the adapters would work better on a different model like a 6900 or a 5600. I've got a 6900 but I installed a modified resin bracelet on it and unfortunately I have no way if getting it off to try the adapters on it...
    This was the type of strap I was thinking about earlier, it's from broad arrows web site but unfortunately they don't have them in 24mm widths. They're listed as "mil series":

Last edited by Rentacop; December 13th, 2013 at 16:26.

This was the type of strap I was thinking about earlier, it's from broad arrows web site but unfortunately they don't have them in 24mm widths. They're listed as "mil series":

Military type straps with a cloth "keeper" -- Google "RAF strap" or take a look on eBay and you'll find dozens of this style! I thiink this model sometimes gets referred to by the wrong name since other NATO countries apparently issue the same type of strap. I have an older Marathon H3 watch that came new-in-box on a black version of this strap.

Here's a WUS thread I found with Google while looking for other vendors, with a title that just adds to the confusion: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/de...ce-832679.html

I'm a little surprised that the WUS forum doesn't have a "stickied" thread somewhere on the different sorts of military-style straps, with names and pictures.
    Rentacop likes this.

Hey Mike, I looked around a bit for this type of strap but the widest I managed to find was 22mm, did you come across any 24mm?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information