Which Surefire???

Thread: Which Surefire???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Off topic Which Surefire???

I believe some of you guys are also interested in torches? Which one would you choose?

6P LED or 6P Defender???

Only 2 options, can't choose 6PD LED.

I really like the Defender's strike bezel, I might not need it but it's good to know it's there, ready to hurt a face. On the other hand, I also like the LED feature and I can't justify the $50 it would cost to upgrade the Defender to LED.

Which one would you get, assuming you don't have either one?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Bimdapogs; September 15th, 2009 at 21:46.

Re: Which Surefire???

Hey, I've been a flashlight collector for years and have owned both these at one stage. I would definatly suggest the LED upgrade but would advise the Malkoff M60 module. Can I ask your budget? And main uses? FYI the best flashlight that I have oiwned in the last 10 years would be the Surefire LX2 (some great deals on ebay)

Thanks for the reply, Ctrain. I'm not really THAT attracted to torches (yet) to justify an LX2. I'm all new to these nice flashlights. I used to have a 2 AA MAG Lite my uncle gave me.

Primary use would be to charge watch lumes for fantastic photos.

Seriously, I want to get one for when camping (which I do a lot) and for those "just in case" scenarios in the house or while travelling.

Is this gonna work on the 6P: EBAY LINK ? This might solve the problem?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

opc

I've had one of these for about a year and it is a great quality torch at a good price.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/premi...0-warrior.html

Although this is next on my list.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-m30-triton.html

Have had Surefires and the 6P was wonderful. But as good as Surefires are, the FENIX far surpasses them, especially with the Cree bulb.
    Try the small, one lithium battery, 123, powered P1D. Very small and will outperform most torches. Or get the model with 2 batteries. Still small.
    I use the P1D to light up my lumes at night, and keep it on keychain in car. Has 2 modes and several options of lume output.

Yup that's eBay link will work fine. You could even just get the complete solorforce light instead to save a few bucks.

Fenix are good quality light but its still like comparing a chalk and cheese. Surefire are the light you can count on in any situation.. Their build above all else.

In your used to the Mag.. Have you thought about these options?

Nitecore D10 or NDI (R2 LED)
    These are two of my favourites! And if you get yourself charger and some eneloops you won't have to fork out the cost of 123's
    And its just as bright as a 6P.. They alternate as my EDC
    The dual output is great.. It means your not killing un necessary run time by always using it on full power
    And don't forget to use the discount code CPF8 if you shop at 4sevens.com for a discount :)

Instead of eBay head over to candlepowerforums.com and check out the marketplace.. Once of our members is the solorforce dealer and you can get some great deals.

IMO the 6P and Sorforce are great hosts for a LED Module but if your not going to get right into it and upgrade LED modules for the best and brightest I think you should save your money and pick up a Nitecore NDI R2 - I love mine!! Its an extremely well built pocket rocket

Hope all this helps...

OMG please excuse the gibberish and spelling mistakes.. I'm on my blackberry

I have a 6p defender that I use for work (corrections), I purchased an aftermarket 300 lumen cree bulb and it lights up a room (or cell) incredibly well.
    "Tempus fugit"

i have a G2 nitrolon for heavy use and a fenix pd20 180lumen for backup.......
    watches are meant to tell times..

LED torches - WIS methadone.

'I never done it'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information