Suspicious DW-5600C bezel on ebay...legit check
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Suspicious DW-5600C bezel on ebay...legit check

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suspicious DW-5600C bezel on ebay...legit check

This bezel looks just like one of the aftermarket Brazil bezels, not genuine Casio. Look at the letters. Too close together, font is slightly different than a real one, right? Can one of the experts chime in here... seller claims it's genuine, but I think it's not. Also, the resin around one of the button holes looks chewed up, which is consistent with an aftermarket bezel, not a genuine Casio part.

*GENUINE* CASIO G-SHOCK 5600c 5200c 5100c 5000c Watch Bezel - White | eBay

Re: Suspicious DW-5600C bezel on ebay...legit check

Looks "aftermarket" to me too.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

This thread has picture comparisons. The listing looks like the fake one in the thread (right one).

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/how...ap-549818.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Aftermarket.

Hi guys. This is my listing, and I owe everyone an apology.

Looks like I mistakenly sold the OEM bezel as an aftermarket piece about a month ago (item 290620060089 on ebay), and kept the one I'm now selling in the mistaken belief that IT was the genuine article.

I strive to be totally upfront and honest in all my listings, so this caught be by surprise. Thanks to ebay member jmdavislaw for alerting me to my error.

I have sold one aftermarket bezel in the past on 5600c and identified it as such, (item 290612990237), and sold several genuine gold-lettered bezels from casiosalesandservice (290617007701, for example).

All by way of saying that this was an honest mistake and I hope no one will hold it against me. I've relisted the bezel and clearly identified it as non-OEM. I despise people passing off fakes as the real deal, and I bear full responsibility for my error.

Best,

Richard Oesterheld
    GTR83 likes this.

Youdonotdo, any possibility of getting some "aftermarket" DW-8400 bezels made? I would buy at least 10 and i'm SURE you can sell more on the forums here, 8400 bands as well

i really don't care if they're not quite up to casio's perfection, i just want to always have back up bands and bezels for my beloved mudmen

i'm sure you could make a nice little business of making out of production g shock bezel and band re-pops

really looking forward to hearing back from you

(all assuming you have some idea of where the above referred to 5600 bezel came from)

Quote Originally Posted by Youdonotdo View Post

All by way of saying that this was an honest mistake and I hope no one will hold it against me. I've relisted the bezel and clearly identified it as non-OEM. I despise people passing off fakes as the real deal, and I bear full responsibility for my error.

Best,

Richard Oesterheld
    Thanks for being honest and took care of the listing. +1 for you.

Hi NC Mystic,

I didn't actually make that bezel. I bought it and another from "watches.br" on ebay. He's based out of Brazil. Maybe he could make some 8400 bezels or find some for you.

You might also try Seiko Watch Time Zone in Coasta Mesa, CA. They specialize in rare G-shocks (mostly new, but he has some mint-condition old ones in the back, like a yellow DW-5600C that he showed me, for example) and Seikos. It's where I got the one OEM 5600c bezel that I--d'oh!--sold as aftermarket. I believe the owner's name is Frank. Call him up and see if he has any 8400 stuff at the store or one of his other stores. (There are two or three stores, maybe even four, in the area.)

Here's the Yelp contact info:

Seiko Watch Time Zone - Costa Mesa, CA

Best of luck!

Thank you very much for that contact, if he does not carry them or not able to track any down possibly your brazilian supplier would be able to fashion one, i will certainly report back after speaking with Time Zone.

noticed you only have two posts, welcome to the forum! hope you stick around and enjoy the time spent

Thanks NC Mystic. I'm like those guys on the radio...long time listener, first time caller. I guess I thought WUS was more analog, while Pocket Calculator Show was more digital. Not the case, though, huh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information