Suunto Core vs PAW 5000 (PRW 5000)

Thread: Suunto Core vs PAW 5000 (PRW 5000)

Suunto Core vs PAW 5000 (PRW 5000)

Thinking about getting one of these two watches...anyone have both? Have any thoughts on which you prefer? Are you able to take a bearing with the PAW 5000 or does the compass simply point north? I don't see any degrees labeled on the bezel. Can you adjust for declination? Thoughts on which is easier to use? Seems like a lot of people love their Suuntos, but I'm just a bit concerned about ruggedness and the watch will probably take a beating as I do a bit of rock climbing. Thoughts?
    Peace in the Middle East,

Adam

LUW

Re: Suunto Core vs PAW 5000 (PRW 5000)

if you want a reliable ABCT instrument that also (very nicely!) gives you current time and some other time functions, get a Core.
    If the ABCT functions are just for show (ie, you don't need to depend on them), get the Pathfinder.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

the PAW-5000s second hand points to north and the digital display the degrees the 12 o'clock position is facing, the watch will point to magnetic north out the box but you can adjust that to true north if you want.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    if you want a reliable ABCT instrument that also (very nicely!) gives you current time and some other time functions, get a Core.
    If the ABCT functions are just for show (ie, you don't need to depend on them), get the Pathfinder.
    +1 what LUW (rather nicely) put.

Casio ABC watches and Suunto ABC watches aim at very different customers and markets in my opinion. The PRW-5000 is a gadget watch with very limited and basic ABC functionality. The Core is a serious outdoor watch with highly precise ABC sensors and it also tells the time. It's up to you to decide what is more important.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Thread Information