Swapping!!!

Thread: Swapping!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swapping!!!

Ok, get your minds out of the gutter. I'm new to this forum and I have just ordered my first G-Shock, a sleek looking GW700BDJ-2. My question or observation here is that many of you talk about swapping out parts, bodies, switching from LCD to Reverse LCDs and vice versa. Are G-Shocks made to be easily repaired or disected or even swapped out for parts? The last thing I would be thinking about is taking my nice newly aquired watch apart. If necessary repairs were in order and it was no difficult task, then maybe I would consider it...maybe. Heck I picked my G-Shock cause I love the looks, it's supposed to be rugged and the babes will love it, ha ha, why would I want to change it? I just wonder why many want to make such great watch better, aren't they already better?

Re: Swapping!!!

they are already great, just that we want different colors and looks. we just changed how it looked, not how it performs. the only horsepower we added are the bull bars for the 5600 and 6900 series.
    some of us got bored and wanted to save the money and mod the Gs to our desires. i always believe in "one module but different costumes'

welcome to the forum !!!!
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

i guess people just like to put their own 'stamp' on some things (G's included) i'd never mix and match any of mine (dont anyone dare mention my white DW-6900!!)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not one to mix and match (except when it comes to compasses..) but I can understand the reasoning . Just gives it a new fresh look. But IMO there's nothing better than the original look...

Cool Re: Swapping!!!

if you really gotta ask...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by cascadien; October 11th, 2008 at 09:39.
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

Thanks, I'm glad to be here. I'm finding all kinds of great information here. Looking forward to finding out even more.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadien View Post
    if you really gotta ask...

Sell me your 5600 bezel protector!!
    -Matt

A man with one watch knows what time it is..
    A man with two watches is never quite sure.

Cool Re: Swapping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crew View Post
    Sell me your 5600 bezel protector!!
    bud, theyre $4.50 from casio u.s. 1-800-223-2001 part#74299032. but if your in canada they wont ship to you. if thats the case ill send you one if you reimburse me.

or was that a joke?
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

No joke... I called Casio USA last week - they're now discontinued and they said they can't get them.

I'm in NJ, but if you can somehow get one, I'll gladly reimburse you!
    -Matt

A man with one watch knows what time it is..
    A man with two watches is never quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crew View Post
    No joke... I called Casio USA last week - they're now discontinued and they said they can't get them.

I'm in NJ, but if you can somehow get one, I'll gladly reimburse you!
    are you sure?!? you used the right part #??? this is news to me as im still waiting on some G-5600 protectors to arrive they said discontinued & not on backorder? youll have to forgive me, but if its true ill probably hold on to my last 2.
    The Hitchhikers Guide

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information