Tactician arrives... (pics)

Thread: Tactician arrives... (pics)

Tactician arrives... (pics)

Well just picked up my MR-G Tactician at the post office, there is a bit of a story to this one.
    A while back I used to quite often bid for things on Yahoo.jp through fromjapan, sometimes I would get some nice bargains other times I would get nothing Well I recently was browsing through Yahoo again and a couple of items caught my eye so I went onto from japan website to have a bid (I had to get my password re-sent too as I had forgotten it!) the site has changed a little from the last time I visited but the first thing I noticed was the summary said I had won 1 bid and I had not even started bidding on anything yet... When I clicked on it the page said it was a MR-G Tactician I had won for 10,000jpy, there was no picture as the auction had ended on 1st March 2009!!
    It seems I had completely forgotten about the auction but I cannot remember getting an email from them? Last year was not a good year for me, I split with my fiancee amongst other things and I had a lot of things on my mind shortly after March time and did not get a lot of internet time.
    Anyway, I owed charge 2 payment and thought to myself should I or should'nt I? Thinking the item would be possibly lost after 15 months, as well as that I had completely no idea what condition it was in or indeed whether it was in working condition? I paid anyway and got an email the following day with a tracking number (on 1st June exactly 15 months! lol
    I thought the battery would be dead but it is'nt!

If any kind members have a spare link they would like to sell or I would gladly trade links from a MR-G frogman bracelet? I would appreciate it as the band although wearable is a little tight for comfort at the moment

This is it, straight from the box - no manual, tags, nothing...
    MR-G 1000T

Quite a nice surprise

I also found this old thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=88322
    Could anybody re-answer the question
    :thanks
    Real men don't need instructions.

Re: Tactician arrives... (pics)

Wow. That's a crazy story. I guess that's really good customer service (if only they had properly notified you back then ).

It looks like a great G-Shock. Good luck with finding a link for it. I have no idea where you would buy one, so hopefully someone here has an extra one lying around.

Great story! And a pretty solid deal. I wonder what FromJapan must have thought when that payment finally came in. Here's to hoping more things are looking up for you now.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

nice
    watches are meant to tell times..

Congrats! Nice find.

Very cool! Glad to hear that things are going better for you now.

Fantastic story. It was meant to be yours..

Beautiful MR-G, man.
    best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900
    DW-7400

look at it it was meant to be yours....but if u don't want it i could use an extra one..just kidding...enjoy in great health and god bless u..............great pics.
    A watch doesn't just tell time, it also tell's a story.........................

Pretty funky looking~Congrats!

Thread Information