It takes a big man to admit he's wrong. (GW-3500)
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: It takes a big man to admit he's wrong. (GW-3500)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

It takes a big man to admit he's wrong. (GW-3500)

I'm not a big man. BUT... I was so, so wrong.

The GW-3500 is an outstanding watch! I should have bought this model when it was first released. It's the perfect balance of analog and digital features. I think it's one of the rare models where the negative LCD is actually an asset. The digital windows are subtle, but functional.

I love this watch!

(And look at that lume!)

WallaceD

Re: It takes a big man to admit he's wrong. (GW-3500)

Aviators rock!
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Nice pick-up, Wallace! I like all the 3000's but your 3500 is best of all. I sold one of those to an 80 year old man, who uses it every single day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love the lume on the functions bracket. Very very cool. I don't recall any other G does that. Love it.

Yep. Definately the mutts nutts. Love mine !

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Does this model have a dial illumination, or just for the LCD? The lume looks great, but I suspect it was taken right after applying a bright light to it. How long does it reasonably last before it's too dim to read?
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

There is one yellow LED (at 6 o'clock) that serves as the illumination source. It's enough to see the hands, and in total darkness it's useful. Still, I miss the dual illuminating LEDs on the GW-1050.

Edit:

The second wrist shot in my first post was indeed taken right after shining a 4Sevens Quark on high right at the lume. That being said, the lume seems to be more "vibrant" (for lack of a better word) than that on my 3000 and 4000. (It's no Ecozilla, but it's a nice "vibrant" green.) How long it lasts, I have no idea. Several minutes certainly, but beyond that I don't know yet.
    Last edited by WallaceD; May 24th, 2012 at 18:20. Reason: added terrible quality wrist shot showing LED illumination

WallaceD

Fantastic watch! I have the gw3000 orange version myself, but am very tempted to get a 3500 as well :)

A question...could you elaborate a bit about the LCD on top that shows the day. What info is shown on this LCD in the specific modes, and is it possible to have something else shown than the day when in normal time mode? Thanks for the info!
    Current watch(es) : Damasko DC58 with yellow chronohand.

Quote Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Fantastic watch! I have the gw3000 orange version myself, but am very tempted to get a 3500 as well :)

A question...could you elaborate a bit about the LCD on top that shows the day. What info is shown on this LCD in the specific modes, and is it possible to have something else shown than the day when in normal time mode? Thanks for the info!
    The top LCD window will show the day of the week or the current home city in regular timekeeping mode. It also indicates the city code of the dual time zone that is set. In world time mode, it (obviously) shows the city code of what is currently selected. In stopwatch mode, it indicates the hours (0H, 1H, etc.) In countdown timer mode, it indicates what time is set (05', 10', etc.) In alarm set mode, it indicates which alarm is being set (AL1, SIG, etc.)

Hope this helps!

WallaceD

That does help...thanks. So if I understand clearly, in regular time mode (that's T1 ?) one may choose either to show the day or current home city in the top LCD ?
    Current watch(es) : Damasko DC58 with yellow chronohand.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information