Taking off the Wings on the G7900
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By archer6

Thread: Taking off the Wings on the G7900

Question Taking off the Wings on the G7900

I might wanna take of the wings off my G7900 just to see if i like it better that way. Dont know if i like the black parts sticking out of the bezel.
    Do i only need to screw off the screws and take the wing off and put back the screws or wont the screws fit anymore because they might stick out or be too long without the wing????

let me know before i do this experiment

Last edited by mongo; November 10th, 2009 at 23:32.

Re: Taking off the Wings on the G7900

The screws may protrude as they are designed to be used with the wings. They also serve as bezel screws

I did the same thing but found that the watch was more comfortable with the "wings" on. Without the strap tends to flop straight down, with the wings the strap extends out from the case and felt better on my wrist. I only had it off for a few minutes so I didnt try to put the screws back in so dont know if they will stick out. Also I dont think they really do anything besides holding the wings in.

Hope this helps

Dave
    Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Try it I guess. If you prefer them off and the screws still stick out you could cut down the wings all but the material which helps secure the wing to the case. You'd have 4 little kind of back nub holders on each side I guess. Just make sure the strap funtions well and is strong without them. And be careful with the screws and note the angle the screw in/out, being gentle.

Quote Originally Posted by Claud View Post
    Try it I guess. If you prefer them off and the screws still stick out you could cut down the wings all but the material which helps secure the wing to the case. You'd have 4 little kind of back nub holders on each side I guess. Just make sure the strap funtions well and is strong without them. And be careful with the screws and note the angle the screw in/out, being gentle.

i just dont like the black nobs that hold the wings sticking out of the bezel. Somehow i find them cheap looking
    i think it would look good too without the little black nobs. like in this pics i did real quick in photoshop. i hope you get my idea

1. Pic BEFORE
    2. Pic AFTER

Last edited by mongo; November 10th, 2009 at 23:33.

Here are the "Wings" on my beauty....

Just notice how graceful and poised they are, just waiting to fly off and land on my wrist....ha..ha..ha....

And you want to what? Remove them? Yikes!

(just kidding... you may housetrain yours anyway you want...)

n_wildgirl likes this.

You can take the wings off and leave the screws off if you want (the band itself is held on by springbars, not the screws, and the outer bezel is on tight enough that the absence of the screws won't matter there either).

I kept mine, partly because it isn't any more comfortable with them off, and partly because I think that the look of the watch from the side is enhanced by the little black bits that stick out where the screws are.

I took mine off the day I got the watch to put a zulu on it. I have since put them back on and like it that way. I got a low light dark green zulu band since and will someday put that on to see what I think of it but I like it as it came well enough.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Would anyone be willing to part with the "wings" they are not using? I need a set for a better fit.

Thread Information