Temperature setting..

Thread: Temperature setting..

Temperature setting..

what methods do you guys use to calibrate your watch to the correct temperature? obviously a themometer would be good but i dont have one.

Re: Temperature setting..

Thats pretty much the only option unless you have a few thermo watches. Although I use the Missus's bedside clock which has a temperature reading.

A cheap plastic thermometer can be picked up from any supermarket/diy store, may be useful?

Watches are frickin evil!

And how do you know that whatever you're using to calibrate your watch with is reading right?

Tbh, unless you have a calibrated instrument (my digital thermometer is going for calibration next week ) then the only way to calibrate your watch thermo is with known sources - i.e boiling water = 100c (altitude dependant) and water freezing = 0c.

Personally i couldn't be bothered freezing my watch in water and checking all the time until the water starts to freeze, plus afaik none of the thermo watches go up to 100c so that's out of the window

Unless your watch is miles out, compared to other thermometers, then i'd not worry factory calibration should be fine.

My 2p worth.

Rusty

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

well you could stick the watch between your buttocks, wait a couple minutes and it should read 37° celsius (36° if you are female). alternatively - if you more comfortable with that - a measurement under your armpit will do as well...

regards, holger

it might be tricky trying to adjust the temperature (if the watch is slightly wrong) while its between my buttocks! i think i'll go and buy a 'science lab type' thermometer.

seems like things have moved on from my school days.. cant find any of the above type..
    Last edited by lee172; September 25th, 2007 at 22:18.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

@ lee172,

your body temperature is always roughly 37° unless you face kind of a fever. so if the watch gains or looses a few degress after the buttock/armpit measurement you just have to add or subduct the aberration.

regards, holger

Each time after my dw-6100 battery goes died so i change it and then i'll use an temperature does have indoor and outdoor to set the watch as indoor temperature and the watch is on my wrist and same format as the other casio ts-100 to set right temperature.

Thread Information