Testing the Water - Custom Bezel Screw/Rivet Sets for Frogman GW200 & DW9900 Series
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Testing the Water - Custom Bezel Screw/Rivet Sets for Frogman GW200 & DW9900 Series

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Testing the Water - Custom Bezel Screw/Rivet Sets for Frogman GW200 & DW9900 Series

Greetings from the UK Gentlemen!!
    Got the GS bug bad 6 months ago and quickly found myself irresistibly gravitating towards the Frogman models.Now have a sizeable collection across the entire range.Experimented with modding and dyeing with varying degrees of success and quickly discovered that replacement bezel screws are rare as hen's teeth - even Casio do not stock them for the older models.
    So I commissioned an engineer friend to make some replacements for me.We started with the DW9900 & GW200 series, first beginning with like for like OEM replacements.Then my bias towards modding took over and I asked him to make screws with different style heads - Hex and Torx with matching bezel rivets.
    We are at the stage where prototypes have now been made for testing.All screws/rivets are hand turned and finished from v.v.high grade stainless steel.We have experimented with 2 finishes to date - highly polished and satin.We are looking at other finishes eg DLC/PVD and anodized in various colours for the bezel rivets.
    Anyway,here are some pics of the prototype GW200 and DW9900 screw sets:

Your opinions would be very much valued,gents.
    Thanks for taking the time to view and a pleasant and restful weekend to all.
    1onehandwill and StephenWatch like this.

Re: Testing the Water - Custom Bezel Screw/Rivet Sets for Frogman GW200 & DW9900 Series

Cool little detail :)
    Have a great day!

Re: Testing the Water - Custom Bezel Screw/Rivet Sets for Frogman GW200 & DW9900 Series

Very nice. It's good to see someone taking the initiative and solving one of the replacement parts problems. Have you looked into making replacement bullbars for 5600 and 6900 models? There would be a lot of interest from all the vintage collectors
    1onehandwill likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Already done!!! He's experimenting with various wire stock this w/e for the bullbars for the 5600 & 6900 G's.I've also asked him for bullbars for the Frogman model.Will update with results.

Quote Originally Posted by escyman View Post
    Already done!!! He's experimenting with various wire stock this w/e for the bullbars for the 5600 & 6900 G's.I've also asked him for bullbars for the Frogman model.Will update with results.
    We're waiting for the update :D
    Have a great day!

Very cool. Big thumbs up on the initiative!

I have always thought Casio should make optional buckles in 1/2 sizes that would allow you to fine tune the fit of the various G-shock models. Some models fit my wrist great while others need like a mm or two extra and it would be perfect.

I'm considerably impressed.

Remember though, that if this becomes a commercial venture, even in a small way, that the discussion forums won't be the place for it.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Completely understood.I have no plans whatsoever to make it a commercial venture.Project came about after I had bought a couple of Frogs with shredded screw heads.Couldn't get replacements anywhere for love or money.
    Decided to explore having them custom made.Then the idea of modding with different screw heads sort of emerged.

There is a market. Not one you could get rich on though.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Awesome! Love the screws and bullbars for the frogmans would be a super cool.

I'd love some, as I've been sourcing screws for my froggies, and not so easy.
    But Bull bars, wow, very interested. Matte black, Silver, and Gold for the glorious gold, would all look awesome.

Keep us posted on developments, and if this will be available for members here.

thx, Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information