Thailand manufacture
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Thailand manufacture

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thailand manufacture

My newest 9000 is from Thailand, is that better than China, worse than or no difference at all?

Re: Thailand manufacture

A google search of this question brings up a lot of discussions as can be seen >>>HERE<<<
    Last edited by HoosierTrooper; February 25th, 2016 at 12:40.
    Mike K and xevious like this.
    Tom

Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more, than the traveling hands of time.

I think the automated process can be important more than people and country

Watches: G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400 - Mudmaster GWG-1000
    Mike K and xevious like this.
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My M5610R is from China, 9400J from Thailand and both my 9200J and 1000G are from Japan. Honestly, no diff to me as they're all awesome!
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeron View Post
    My newest 9000 is from Thailand, is that better than China, worse than or no difference at all?
    I think in most cases, there's no difference. But I suspect because Thailand has higher humidity, some moisture got trapped inside the watch during manufacturing (see below). You can easily test this by taking the watch out to the cold.

Name:  G9000fog1.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  170.2 KB
    BeaVis PaLigis and anabuki like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    I think in most cases, there's no difference. But I suspect because Thailand has higher humidity, some moisture got trapped inside the watch during manufacturing (see below). You can easily test this by taking the watch out to the cold.

Yes! that happened to my G-7900, also made in Thailand. It has to be really cold though, cold enough to frost the hairs in your nose, and it rarely gets that cold where I live. Not to be concerned about it though, the watch is #1 quality.
    xevious likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post

I would think casio would be operating a climate controlled facility regardless of location.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
    fcasoli, Rocat, Ash1979 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zabat View Post
    Yes! that happened to my G-7900, also made in Thailand. It has to be really cold though, cold enough to frost the hairs in your nose, and it rarely gets that cold where I live. Not to be concerned about it though, the watch is #1 quality.
    As I remember that picture was taken outside at approx. 15F (-9C), so yes it has to be very cold for that to happen. It also happened one another time when I was on an airplane, which the cabin pressure (~23 inHg) was lower than sea level atmospheric pressure (29.9 inHg). The G9000 fogged up inside, when I splashed it with cold water while I was washing my hands in the lavatory. So I guess with lower pressure, it happens with higher temperature.

Once the watch get back to warmer temp, the fog disappears, so I am not too concern either. Especially this not a solar watch and less susceptible for that moisture to be trapped between the solar panel and the crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by cpietras View Post
    I would think casio would be operating a climate controlled facility regardless of location.
    Unless they do it like Intel, see below. But I don't think Casio, they are manufacturing watches up to that kind facility standard.
    Name:  Intel-Mac-Disk.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  43.5 KB

And you can't really control mother nature sometimes...
    Name:  21360_25_photos_from_the_flooded_western_digital_factory_in_thailand.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  39.8 KB
    Name:  tinhte.vn_4ec495c455cfd_sony_thai_water.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  105.9 KB
    mf6532, xevious and anabuki like this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

CASIO quality assurance is top notch. Yes, seeing Japan always carries a little extra "cachet", but honestly there's really no perceptible manufacturing or parts difference between China, Thailand, Malaysia, and Japan. Korea is a slightly different story. For a while, some CASIO's were made there. I noticed machining of the back plate wasn't quite as good. And LCD's weren't quite as crisp as models made elsewhere. But functionally? Still a G-Shock.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information