Thanks Bryan for the GW-9000-1JF MUDMAN Multi Band 5 (Plus small review)

View Poll Results: What's your quick opinion on the GW-9000 2006 MUDMAN?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Like It

14 51.85%
  • Don't like it

7 25.93%
  • Not swayed either way

6 22.22%

Thread: Thanks Bryan for the GW-9000-1JF MUDMAN Multi Band 5 (Plus small review)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Smile Thanks Bryan for the GW-9000-1JF MUDMAN Multi Band 5 (Plus small review)

First of all, a BIG thank you to Bryan who sent me my new GW-9000 MUDMAN. It arrived last week on Friday.

I think delivery took no more than four days, USA - Cairns, Australia:gold

Excellent service

Will be checking the sales forum for more of Bryan's for sale posts often

---------------------------------

First impression was it looked very nice, but it's not for me.

I suspected this before I purchased, plus realized when I originally saw Bryan's post, but was very curious to see it in the flesh, plus I wanted the Japanese version with the 20bar so knowing Bryan was selling , I jumped on it

It feels very small and thin on my wrist. It resembles a round circle with a narrow feeling strap on either side.

It's a very light watch.

The display appears very cramped due to the five silly signal/receiving rings, whatever you wish to call them, featuring atop.

The time and display appear cramped in, and it can't display the day and date together, but rather an option of either.

The right side round buttons are recessed in, and are extremely hard to push. The buttons don't stick out as they are recessed and surrounded by the plastic so you really need to push hard with the tip of your finger.

I compared it to the display on my other, mainly older model G-Shock's, namely FROGMAN and GULFMAN, and I'm afraid these two win hands down on display, size and looks.

I know you guys that like it are going to hate me, but on a scale of one to ten, I give it a fourB-)

The display on any watch is the most important factor for me and this MUDMAN just has not got it.

I will keep it just for fun as it's a solar so no need to worry about the batteries

Re: Thanks Bryan for the GW-9000-1JF MUDMAN Multi Band 5 (Plus small review)

I too am on the fence with the new MUDMAN line. Like you said in another thread...I too wasnt taken back after opening the package. It may offer alot of features but it lacks the "Master of G" feel. I think I am going to be begin subjecting my G-9000 to some severe torture tests as I did with my G-2310.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Hi G-Shock -

I totally agree with you

I'm sure it will survive the drop, because it is a G-Shock, but as you say, It feels small, light, flimsy, almost like a toy and definitely lacks that TOUGH Master Of G heavy and solid feel.

Hope it's cooling down a bit for you, although I'm sure you are happy to get some sun.

Think of all the extra customers fillings with a boom in Ice Cream sales:-D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My dad who happens to be a G-Shock lover, was not very impressed with its appearance but praised its features and nifty dual illuminator. As for the temps...they finally dropped somewhat. Anyhow I am leaving for Greece this comming Monday and I am in the process of deciding on which 2 G's I should bring along. I will be doing some wreck diving during my stay as well so I think my ICERC FROGMAN will be one of them

Hi Ozzie,

Great review, I have held off purchasing one for the same reasons you spoke of; is this the new trend of G-shock models?; loads of functions, but lighter, smaller than "G"s of the past?; maybe it's a new era for G-shock.

Brad
    Brad
    Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by brad15470
    Hi Ozzie,

Great review, I have held off purchasing one for the same reasons you spoke of; is this the new trend of G-shock models?; loads of functions, but lighter, smaller than "G"s of the past?; maybe it's a new era for G-shock.

Brad
    Actually, while I'm the first person to say the big G's are fun and cool, when you get down to the fact that G shocks are designed for active sports minded people, you have to respect that smaller designs work better in most sports applications.

Rock climbing, tennis, golf, volleyball. Trust me...it's a lot better to have something like a G9000 on your wrist than a big honking 8250 Frogman or an Antman which can easily get in the way of your activities. I think there's a place for both types of G's in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock
    I think I am going to be begin subjecting my G-9000 to some severe torture tests as I did with my G-2310.
    Can you use bullets this time?
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHit
    Can you use bullets this time?
    I was thinking of something more along the lines of a RPG:-D

Quote Originally Posted by petew
    Actually, while I'm the first person to say the big G's are fun and cool, when you get down to the fact that G shocks are designed for active sports minded people, you have to respect that smaller designs work better in most sports applications.

Rock climbing, tennis, golf, volleyball. Trust me...it's a lot better to have something like a G9000 on your wrist than a big honking 8250 Frogman or an Antman which can easily get in the way of your activities. I think there's a place for both types of G's in the lineup.
    Some very valid points made Pete!

Not even a Seiko Diver can take a bullet! B-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information