Are there any analogue G-Shocks that have rotating timer bezels—inner or outer ones?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Wong

Thread: Are there any analogue G-Shocks that have rotating timer bezels—inner or outer ones?

Banned

Are there any analogue G-Shocks that have rotating timer bezels—inner or outer ones?

Are there any analogue G-Shocks that have rotating timer bezels—inner or outer ones?The DW-9800 Wademan has an outer bezel but that is a digital watch and the bezel is a compass one.An internal bezel would be ideal for a g-shock analogue.I just joined this forum and so I won’t be able to reply to replies to this post until the admins allow me post approval myself which could take a while.So thanks in advance for any replies you give.

Re: Are there any analogue G-Shocks that have rotating timer bezels—inner or outer ones?

Welcome aboard, Engels! No in-production Gs with a rotating bezel that I can think of. Bezels on most Gs act as the case itself or a covering for it. There are quite a few Casios and some Edifices and Pro Treks that have rotating bezels. And, by the way, as a registered member you should be able to answer, try it, you'll like it!

Banned

Re: Are there any analogue G-Shocks that have rotating timer bezels—inner or outer ones?

Thanks.

On reflection, I suppose the reason for a lack of a bezel on G-Shocks is that a bezel would be hard to move—if only going by photos of the DW-9800 Wademan. And an internal bezel would need some sort of protruding “crown” to turn it, which would have to extend beyond the G-Shock’s regular thick resin bezel, and which would leave this crown unprotected. So Maybe that explains the lack of bezels.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AirWatch View Post
    Welcome aboard, Engels! No in-production Gs with a rotating bezel that I can think of. Bezels on most Gs act as the case itself or a covering for it. There are quite a few Casios and some Edifices and Pro Treks that have rotating bezels. And, by the way, as a registered member you should be able to answer, try it, you'll like it!
    In addition to the above mentioned Casios, the Oceanus line has several with rotating bezels.

Quote Originally Posted by Engels View Post
    Thanks.

On reflection, I suppose the reason for a lack of a bezel on G-Shocks is that a bezel would be hard to move—if only going by photos of the DW-9800 Wademan. And an internal bezel would need some sort of protruding “crown” to turn it, which would have to extend beyond the G-Shock’s regular thick resin bezel, and which would leave this crown unprotected. So Maybe that explains the lack of bezels.
    I think you pretty much answered the whole thing yourself. The Wademan is the only G with rotating bezel that I am aware of as well. And yes the Wademan bezel is for compass bearings only, not for timing. The need for outer resin in a G-Shock, makes having a rotating bezel more cumbersome.

A rotating bezel in an analog watch is more of a decoration anyway. It's originated in dive watches, where the unidirectional bezel could be used for timing the dive. But since the development of digital timers, it's more or less obsoleted and redundant. So having that in a G-Shock with digital timer (even a full analog G have timer using its hands), it's not necessary.
    Engels likes this.

Thread Information