WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Are there any G-Shock GW2310FB-1 owners?

34K views 57 replies 30 participants last post by  Motorcycle Man 
#1 ·
I did a thread search, but had no luck. Do any of you own the GW2310FB-1? If so, what do you think of the watch? Any pics you could share if you have one? Here is a pic from the Casio website. I think it is a good looking watch. TIA, Bill P.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, Backtops ( and welcome to the Forum!) and Spoonbbi for the pics! Your watches look great.

I picked up one this afternoon on the net and it should be here on Friday. I was just wondering if others had one and what they thought. You affirmed my decision to get the watch. I really like the way they look, Cheers, Bill P.

#13 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I've owned this for a short while now so here are some pros and cons (although some are probably relative):

Pros:
-Dual time toggle on home screen
-Extra field above the time allows for more info on screen to be presented at once
-Solar & Atomic
-Crystal is extremely well protected due to high bezel
-All black, stealthy look
-Dedicated light button

Cons:
-Negative LCD isn't the best for legibility (the recessed crystal/raised bezel doesn't help), the light button needs to be used about half the time
-Strap is a bit stiff, not as comfortable as other Gs
-"Feels" like an older model
-Watch is chunkier than expected
-Alarm is a tad soft

All in all still recommended, despite the cons. I was looking for a digital G that had a negative LCD/all black look with solar & atomic features and a dedicated light button, and I think the only other watch that meets this criteria is the GW7900-B1?

#15 ·
I was looking for a digital G that had a negative LCD/all black look with solar & atomic features and a dedicated light button, and I think the only other watch that meets this criteria is the GW7900-B1?
If you don't mind some white on the lettering, the garish black Riseman is another alternative. Available in both solar and solar/atomic. Still matte black with a negative display.

#18 ·
A gw-2310fb-1 is my 1st and only G (at least for now) I bought it in June of 2012. What more can I say other then I love it!! My only complaint would be the timex looking Indiglo backlight and the strap keeper(slides around everywhere other than where I want it). I will say that the atomic feature seems a bit novelty, especially to sync it every night, a manual sync maybe once a month would be more than plenty as these watches keep great time as it is. If you think about it, it's almost an insult to Casio that their watches might keep such bad time that it requires correcting on a daily basis. One of the greatest features is of course the solar!!! It hasn't dropped below full charge since I bought it! The power save features are sweet as well..goes to sleep at night when not being used or being exposed to any light source. And of course the stealthy look, very sharp indeed, and the negative display is easy to read and NOT as difficult as some claim. However, the negative display is hard to read in low light but it's black on black so what do you expect?? Thats what the backlight is for, if you work in the dark just use the auto feature. I'm going to switch up the strap/band for an all black Maratac Zulu as soon as I can, after that this will be the greatest watch ever!!! So much more I could say but that about sums it up for me. If your thinking about this watch, GET IT...you will NOT be sorry!!!

#19 ·
Hey, so I just joined this blog.. so I can interact with other G-shock owners..
I just bought my first G-Shock "GW2310FB-1" I'm super excited to get it.
So let me ask.... where do I find those "watch band rings"?...
I found the clasp.. but unsuccessful finding the rings... :-(

#20 · (Edited)
Looks like he got them from another strap he "had on hand"=) called a Nato strap OR maybe a Maratac Zulu strap there's also the Rhino Strap... the strap will cost you about 17 bucks U.S. ....I'm going to switch out my resin band on mine for a Maratac Zulu(all black with black rings) I found them at zulustraps.com found under the military straps tab...called a UTC-Zulu Nylon PVD (i just looked and they are $10.00.. i can also see other colors have black rings on them if thats all you want) be careful when u order..some have brushed alloy/alluminum ..just noticed he answers the 0-ring question in the thread "gw-2310fb new arrival"

#21 ·
The G[W]-23xx series is a classic. It's good to see CASIO introduce an ultra stealth version of this, without charging an insane price. At least, resale prices from 3rd parties aren't bad. $135 shipped is the lowest I've seen it available to the USA. The GW-2310BD variant was released at over $400! And that's just insane for a dressed up $100 watch.

#22 ·
I have the positive-display version of this watch. (GW-2310-1) same except inner bezel is chrome and obviously the positive display. I've been having troubling getting mine to charge, but perhaps it's because I work in a shop so it doesn't get a lot of sunlight. Functionality is great! 5 alarms, world time, 6-band atomic, auto EL, timer, stopwatch, etc. Band's a bit short but still gets the job done.

#23 ·
It's a great workhorse watch, which tends to fly under the radar with respect to the myriad of other G-Shock models. I just wish the alarm was louder. But it's not nearly as bad as the GW-M5600/5610 series. Those are terrible. Anyway, you can pick up a GW-2310 fairly cheap and then dress it up as you wish with parts from other models.

#28 · (Edited)
My GW-2310BD is my favorite "G" (not that i have a large collection like some of you) but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that every picture of a 2310 here in this thread has a medium charge ?
Even the stock photo in the first post shows medium charge.
The reason I noticed is because I have been unable to get mine to show a high charge. I have had my 2310 in the window in direct sunlight several days but not usually consecutive days but haven't seen a high charge yet.
I know your going to say "don't worry about the charge level just wear it" but I would like to see it topped off on high. ;)

#29 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that every picture of a 2310 here in this thread has a medium charge ?
Even the stock photo in the first post shows medium charge.
Most of them are on H :)

Probably yours is too. Remember, the display is negative, so when the segment next to the H is lit, the watch is charged to high. Mine came out of the box at medium, charged to high in one day and hasn't moved off of that spot.

Hope this helps!
p

#32 ·
Hey guys! First post to these forums :)

I've been doing research over the last few days when I stumbled onto these cool forums. I'm looking for an all black G Shock and pretty much narrowed it down to the GW2310FB-1. One question I want to ask all you owners though is does it have a countdown timer auto repeat? It doesn't say so on the Casio website so I fear it won't and this could be a deal breaker as I use my current G-2900F-8VDR for interval running sometimes.

Any advice from owners would be great.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.