Is there anything wrong with the GW200MS-1?

Thread: Is there anything wrong with the GW200MS-1?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Is there anything wrong with the GW200MS-1?

Hi everybody! I am looking to purchase my first Frogman. I love my Gulfman, wear it more than any other watch, so I figure it's time to take things up a notch.

The model I am considering is the GW200MS-1, mainly becasue I like the stealthy look and it is much more affordable than any of the others I have seen. But that is also a concern. Why is it so much cheaper than the 8200 series, and the 225C Master Blue? What is it lacking?

Thanks!

Re: Is there anything wrong with the GW200MS-1?

It doesn't lack anything. I've only heard that people don't like the gray color and the sparkles on it. But in time, as it ages, the sparkles go away and all your left is a tough looking, military-ish, watch. A gunmetal colored Frogman with its gunmetal-sky colored dial. What's wrong with that? Initially, the "sparkles" is suppose to add to the gunmetal color on the gray.

I have one and it is not a sparkly watch. The finish looks like a deep grey graphite with that subtle glint of 'metal'. I think it looks great and more interesting than plain black, although that's good too.

There is nothing wrong with this model. It is currently cheaper purely because the MB was released in more limited numbers and hence attracted the usual rarity = better collector perception. The other thing against the MIRB is that the pics of it aren't often true to life and don't do it justice. I suspect that's what turned a lot of buyers away. I actually think the MIRB model is a more consistently realised model with the blacked-out case and hardware. The rusty display is very distinctive and more than easy enough to read. The only thing I wish casio did was blacken the two top screws, but it's not a big deal.

This model would also not be out of place in an office or more formal social gathering either unlike some of the other more flamboyant Frogs. I say go for it and take advantage of the good prices before it becomes a 'collectible'.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree with everything that bluegum wrote. There's nothing wrong with the MIRB. The slightly rusty hue of the crystal gives it the right amount of stealth without detracting legibility. The brass-colored ring on the eye is very interesting to look at. The gun-metal color is perfect with sparkles that are not distracting at all. No one really notices the sparkles, including me. It goes with every outfit. I went to an expensive restaurant in San Francisco with the in-laws this past weekend, wearing the MIRB Frogman proudly with a sport jacket. I've worn it with a business suit, and it fits perfectly without aplologies.

The functions are used every single day, from alarms to countdown to chronograph to worldtime. I can't believe the prices I've paid for several dozen Swiss watches, while this one has brought me the most return for the price -- in enjoyment and function.

Get the MIRB, before you can't.

Last edited by powerband; November 4th, 2009 at 03:37.
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    I have one and it is not a sparkly watch. The finish looks like a deep grey graphite with that subtle glint of 'metal'. I think it looks great and more interesting than plain black, although that's good too.

There is nothing wrong with this model. It is currently cheaper purely because the MB was released in more limited numbers and hence attracted the usual rarity = better collector perception. The other thing against the MIRB is that the pics of it aren't often true to life and don't do it justice. I suspect that's what turned a lot of buyers away. I actually think the MIRB model is a more consistently realised model with the blacked-out case and hardware. The rusty display is very distinctive and more than easy enough to read. The only thing I wish casio did was blacken the two top screws, but it's not a big deal.

This model would also not be out of place in an office or more formal social gathering either unlike some of the other more flamboyant Frogs. I say go for it and take advantage of the good prices before it becomes a 'collectible'.
    This, exactly. It's a fantastic watch, the pictures definitely do not do it justice.

Cant go wrong with that Frog. Like others said it will go up in price in the future and they are only releasing one more 200 series Frog.

The MIRB Riseman is also very cool, I don't think its selling very well and can be had for close to 150

http://cgi.ebay.com/CASIO-MENS-G-SHO...item1e58c1c97c

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Pics don't do the MIRB Frogman justice. It ranks right up with the black spots and black helios Frog's in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    The MIRB Riseman is also very cool, I don't think its selling very well and can be had for close to 150

http://cgi.ebay.com/CASIO-MENS-G-SHOCK-TOUGH-RISEMAN-SOLAR-WATCH-G9200MS-8_W0QQitemZ130338113916QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwat ches?hash=item1e58c1c97c
    Hey Jer, you realise that is not the atomic version which do go for a fair bit less than the GW's?

I agree though, these MIRB Risemans of both type can be had for basically the same prices as the standard black ones.

One reason for that is that Casio doesn't limited the bumber on these as they do with Frogs...bugger.

Banned

So the MIRB Frogman is a LE?

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    So the MIRB Frogman is a LE?

Good question All are limited and Casio sells out of all of them quickley. Some are more limited than other though. For instance the Kermit sold out very quickly. Maybe someone knows the numbers but the did make more MIRB.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information