Is there an easy way to fit straps?

Thread: Is there an easy way to fit straps?

Is there an easy way to fit straps?

Hi Guys,
    i recently tried swapping the strap on my GW M5600 with a strap from a DW6900. By the time i realized this was not going to work i had put deep cuts and scratches on the lugs of the case. I have now ordered a new case from tiktox. Has anyone any advice on how to fit straps without scratching the lugs. even when i tried putting the original strap back on i found it difficult. Is there a knack? Any advice would be very much apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Marelli

Re: Is there an easy way to fit straps?

Although that strap will fit that watch, it is a little tight. There was a small tab on mine where the strap butts up against the case that seemed to be causing the problem so I took a sharp knife and trimmed it back slightly. I got one spring pin in its hole and then inserted a small screwdriver between the other pin and the strap and pulled it towards the watch until it snapped into it's hole. Still not an easy job but I got it in. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Marelli View Post
    Hi Guys,
    i recently tried swapping the strap on my GW M5600 with a strap from a DW6900. By the time i realized this was not going to work i had put deep cuts and scratches on the lugs of the case. I have now ordered a new case from tiktox. Has anyone any advice on how to fit straps without scratching the lugs. even when i tried putting the original strap back on i found it difficult. Is there a knack? Any advice would be very much apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Marelli

There are specific tools made for this purpose that are a lot less like to scratch your lugs than a screwdriver. Google or search eBay for "watch band (or bracelet) tool".

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dp

Thread Information