Is there a new version of the GW-2500BD 1AER yet?

Thread: Is there a new version of the GW-2500BD 1AER yet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is there a new version of the GW-2500BD 1AER yet?

Hi,

As per title - this watch seems to be perfect for me apart from the fact that the digital display has no backlight. Does anyone know if Casio have, or are releasing an updated version for 2011 yet?

Name:  GW-2500BD-1ER.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  45.3 KB

Re: Is there a new version of the GW-2500BD 1AER yet?

The only similar new one is the GW-3500. I doubt the lighting has changed though.

GW-3500B-1AJF GW-3500D-1AJF GW-3500BD-1AJF
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

That's also a nice looking watch, but just downloaded the instructions for it. It too only has a single LED to illuminate the face, hence the digital section remains in the dark! Bummer of a design....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

With so many 'complaints' regarding the LED, Casio must be working on a tough solar, EL backlit version - surely!! It would turn the watch from good to fantastic, and I'm sure their sales would go through the roof.

I'm not sure there are a lot of complaints. A few members have mentioned it, but as many (or more) are happy, and we represent a very small proportion of Casio's customers.

I've yet to use the LED on my GW-2500 and probably never will. I think most users might compare the watch with a pure analogue rather than a backlit digital.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

The thing that puts me off is that very many of the online customer reviews all mention the weakness of decent lighting for this watch. To be honest, the digital display is really useful, can't understand why you are expected to lose it's functionality just because it is dark!

All the things that I tend to do in the dark, with no streetlamps around or other ambient lighting, really don't require or appreciate the use of a stopwatch or timer.

So I can understand why a watch which simply displays time in the dark is perfectly sufficient.

Maybe I lead a sheltered life. What activities in total darkness do you undertake which require accurate timing?
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Maybe you're right. I've not looked at the watch in that respect before - ie an analogue watch predominantly, but with the added bonus of daytime digital functions. However, for me, to have an EL backlight would make all the functions of this watch perfectly useable day and night without hassle - as I said, it would turn the watch from good to great.

Ah, I have a second volunteer for my question then

What activities do you undertake in total darkness which require a stopwatch or timer? I'm really trying to understand!

I just ordered one of these! Can't wait to get it in the mail... I searched all over to find one in store to try on but no luck. As stated before the updated version is the 3500 and it is led as well. From WUS, it seems the positive display of the 2500B is a bit easier to read. But, not much help for complete darkness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information