Is there a nice bracelet option for the Riseman..?

Thread: Is there a nice bracelet option for the Riseman..?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Off Topic post Is there a nice bracelet option for the Riseman..?

I have been wanting a Riseman for ages but I don't like normal straps and
    I have been wondering if anyone has any ideas of a bracelet that might
    fit it.

I do have a spare bracelet from a GW-M5600 but I'm sure that wont fit
    or I guess I would have seen one on here by now...

Cheers,
    Rico.

Re: Is there a nice bracelet option for the Riseman..?

I'll check in and vote for a bracelet too.

Even though I doubt there is one, I am new to G's and hopefully I'm wrong.

I have the stealth bracelet on both my 6900's and it's the best. Very comfortable and a lot cooler in the hot weather I live with during the summer. It will be interesting to see if someone shows up here to advise us.

Cheers...

I am glad you posted this, I to am curious, about any other strap option, I got my Riseman in the mail the other day and the first thing I did not like was the strap, super stiff, and causes the watch to try and wear on the side, also the strap keeper slides around all the time and the excess strap sticks way out and doesn't look right. I had to rob another one off of an old g shock strap I had the fits snug on there.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    I am glad you posted this, I to am curious, about any other strap option, I got my Riseman in the mail the other day and the first thing I did not like was the strap, super stiff, and causes the watch to try and wear on the side, also the strap keeper slides around all the time and the excess strap sticks way out and doesn't look right. I had to rob another one off of an old g shock strap I had the fits snug on there.
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that thinks the strap is stiff. If I didn't have Suunto's and other watches with a variety of rubber like straps, then I might not have noticed how stiff the one on my Riseman is. In fact it's the only thing I don't care for when it comes to G-Shocks, yet I live with it because I like the watches so much.

That said, once I found out about the stealth bracelet that comes on certain G's I immediately bought one to try it out. Well that was it. I'm so impressed with the bracelet's looks, it's comfort and it's light weight that it's really spoiled me. Now when I wear my G's that don't have a bracelet they are far less comfortable.

If I was absolutely certain the strap on a GW5000 was long enough for my 8" wrist I would buy one of those, as I've read here on the forum that it has a very nice soft strap. I'm just not sure, and I would hate to spend over $300 and not have it fit. Not that I couldn't put a bracelet on it, but that drives the price up by another $100, for a total of just over $400. If the 5000 was a little larger watch I could justify the investment, but since it's rather small for my preferences, and my wrist I'm going to take a wait and see approach till I get solid info on the strap length.

Cheers...

I have concidered changing the band from my Gulfman, I have measured and studied, it is the same exact style at the lug, My Gulfy is nice and broke in to, so the strap is soft and wearable, wonder how that would look?
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I
    That said, once I found out about the stealth bracelet that comes on certain G's I immediately bought one to try it out. Well that was it. I'm so impressed with the bracelet's looks, it's comfort and it's light weight that it's really spoiled me. Now when I wear my G's that don't have a bracelet they are far less comfortable.
    I couldn't agree more! The GW-M5600BC is my most comfortable watch because of the fantastic composite bracelet. My aversion to stiff resin straps is what keeps me from getting a riseman. Would be terrific if Casio offered a bracelet solution for this, or even better, all their models.

Cheers
    Jan
    Last edited by dschaen81; September 11th, 2009 at 12:40.

I bought a replacement strap for one of my Riseman's and it is a little different to the original. It's not as shiny or as stiff. Got it from tiktox in the UK. Maybe Casio are changing the strap material?

I know that there was a post on here a while ago from a guy using a zulu strap with cut down adaptors. Looked good too.

Catch22.
    PRX-2000T-7JF
    DW-8400Z-1T
    DW-8400BK-1MJF
    DW-8400LG-8JR
    DW-8400NK-3T
    DW-8400Y-9T
    DW-8400G-1
    DW-8400-1V
    DW-8400BM-1T

Weirdest thing! My Riseman's strap fits so nice on my wrist! Not stiff at all. Does it have something to do with the wrist size? I think I wear mine on the 6th/7th hole(s), and it's VERY comfortable. Mine's the JDM version, if that matters.
    Last edited by Bimdapogs; September 11th, 2009 at 15:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimdapogs View Post
    Weirdest thing! My Riseman's strap fits so nice on my wrist! Not stiff at all. Does it have something to do with the wrist size? I think I wear mine on the 6th/7th hole(s), and it's VERY comfortable. Mine's the JDM version, if that matters.
    I have lots of G's and the Risemans at the top for comfort. not sure why others dont like it The gulfman is a little stiff but not that bad in fact I have thought about putting a Riseman strap on it. There was a post saying that would work a while back.

The stiffest strap I have is on my Ti Zilla

Another poster said the strap is loose I dont know how that could happen the Riseman strap has a ramp on the end to keep the strap from getting loose.

I would like to see the composite bracelet made for the Riseman or some adapters to put on any G

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Off Topic post Re: Is there a nice bracelet option for the Riseman..?

This may sound like a stupid question, but I assume someone has actually tried
    to fit the composite bracelet from the GW-M on to the Riseman..???

Cheers,
    Rico.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information