Is there a place in this forum or subforum to request a group buy from Casio for parts?

Thread: Is there a place in this forum or subforum to request a group buy from Casio for parts?

Is there a place in this forum or subforum to request a group buy from Casio for parts?

Might be easier if one of us or a few order stuff to have on hand since it takes Casio months from what I hear to ship out stuff. I'm thinking of common stuff like end pieces, strap adapters, bezels, resin bands, combi bracelets, screws of different types, and other common replaceable parts that we'd use to spuce up our Gs.

Re: Is there a place in this forum or subforum to request a group buy from Casio for parts?

Anyone? I have seen group buys on several forums I frequent. Seems like a no brainer for the more common Casio parts, considering they are cheaper buying them from there than third parties and also shipping would be saved through one bulk order and also it would save people time since it would be a resource to have a cache of parts and being able to ship them in as few days as opposed to months from Casio.

ps. why DOES it take months to get a small parts order from Casio? Do they have any reason to explain this? Does Casio USA rely on parts from Japan or what?

Re: Is there a place in this forum or subforum to request a group buy from Casio for parts?

If Casio USA have the parts on hand, it usually only take a few days for you to get the parts in CONUS.
    For less common parts or out of stock orders, they have to get them from Casio Japan, then ship to you, hence the wait.
    Shipping was only $2.75 for my order in March, more common parts arrived within a week, Limited Edition parts took a few.
    I simply don't see how group buy will make it significantly cheaper or faster...
    Last edited by ggyy1276; July 1st, 2012 at 18:15.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

The only thing that would make sense on a group buy is if a dozen or more people needed some gaskets and screws and didn't want to pay a whopping $7 for shipping on $1 worth of items. So, someone could order a boat load of those little parts, then mail them out first class to those participating in the group buy. It might behoove the buyer to get even more, and offer some for sale on WUS, saving people the exorbitant cost of shipping on such a small item.

What I do is just be patient, build up a decent parts list, then buy them all at once.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

+1 this is exactly what I was referring to. We must be on the same wavelength Xevious! The $7 shipping for a handful of screws is what would be avoided.

Is there a price list for the Casio USA parts?

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    The only thing that would make sense on a group buy is if a dozen or more people needed some gaskets and screws and didn't want to pay a whopping $7 for shipping on $1 worth of items. So, someone could order a boat load of those little parts, then mail them out first class to those participating in the group buy. It might behoove the buyer to get even more, and offer some for sale on WUS, saving people the exorbitant cost of shipping on such a small item.

What I do is just be patient, build up a decent parts list, then buy them all at once.

Thread Information