Is there a reason the gw9200 atomic vs G9200 non are the same price?

Thread: Is there a reason the gw9200 atomic vs G9200 non are the same price?

Is there a reason the gw9200 atomic vs G9200 non are the same price?

have noticed that the Riseman atomic version vs non atomic are about the same price, unlike other G's the atomic is always more.
    and while i have your attention could someone tell me why the riseman atomic is priced lower then the atomic mudman or other g's.
    thanks everyone for your response...

To your second question, I believe has to do with demand. Riseman not as popular as IMHO from a pure numbers standpoint.
    Last edited by HelloNasty1; November 21st, 2011 at 05:26.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNasty1 View Post
    To your second question, I believe has to do with demand. Riseman not as popular as IMHO from a pure numbers standpoint.
    Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Is there a reason the gw9200 atomic vs G9200 non are the same price?

I dont know where youve been looking but its always my experience theres a considerable difference between the g and gw risemans.
    ONLY EVER OWNED G-SHOCKS...

I believe sellers do it in the hope some one who doesnt know the difference between the 2 will buy a non atomic for the same price as the atomic version. This way the seller makes a lot more profit.

The 'completed listings' section on ebay.com (which goes back two weeks or so), shows quite clearly that nearly five times as many GW9200's have been sold compared to GW9000/9010's (i.e., 29 vs. 5).

From this 'sales snapshot' (which may or may not be representative), it would appear that the atomic Riseman is a far, far more popular watch than the atomic Mudman - and quite rightly so IMHO.
    Last edited by garrapata; November 23rd, 2011 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by garrapata View Post
    The 'completed listings' section on ebay.com (which goes back two weeks or so), shows quite clearly that nearly five times as many GW9200's have been sold compared to GW9000/9010's (i.e., 29 vs. 5).

From this 'sales snapshot' (which may or may not be representative), it would appear that the atomic Riseman is a far, far more popular watch than the atomic Mudman - and quite rightly so IMHO.
    The question was why was it more. The mudman in general is much more popular model and can fetch higher dollars, the Riseman can not. There might be more atomic Riseman's sold on Ebay, but not Riseman vs Mudman and that is the difference IMO.

EDIT: I started a poll out of curiosity.
    Last edited by HelloNasty1; November 23rd, 2011 at 03:03.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNasty1

The question was why was it more. The mudman in general is much more popular model and can fetch higher dollars, the Riseman can not. There might be more atomic Riseman's sold on Ebay, but not Riseman vs Mudman and that is the difference IMO.

thanks that makes sense.

Maybe I misunderstood what the OP was getting at.

If we are talking about the 'new' (G/GW9300) mudman, the reason that the atomic version is a lot more expensive is that it is a purely JDM model.

AFAIK only the standard model (G9300 + colour variants) is available internationally.

In contrast, the 'standard black' GW9200/GW9000/GW9010 models are (were?) available across most world markets.

It is inherently difficult to make valid comparisons between any products that are targeted at slightly different consumer groups with corresponding differences in features and price.

The OP also said; 'why the riseman atomic is priced lower then the atomic mudman or other g's'

In answer, it is not!

Here are a few of the cheapest 'buy-it-now' prices for 'atomic' g-shocks from ebay.com today (shipping not included):

GW9200 $136
    GW9000 $104 MUDMAN
    GW5600 $80
    GW6900 $77

I don't want to take this quote out of context, but at the moment 'completed listings' on ebay show the following maximum 'sold' prices:

GW9000 Mudman - $100
    GW9010 Mudman - $172
    GW9300 Mudman - $395
    GW9200 Riseman - $550

Quote Originally Posted by garrapata
    Maybe I misunderstood what the OP was getting at.

If we are talking about the 'new' (G/GW9300) mudman, the reason that the atomic version is a lot more expensive is that it is a purely JDM model.

AFAIK only the standard model (G9300 + colour variants) is available internationally.

In contrast, the 'standard black' GW9200/GW9000/GW9010 models are (were?) available across most world markets.

It is inherently difficult to make valid comparisons between any products that are targeted at slightly different consumer groups with corresponding differences in features and price.

The OP also said; 'why the riseman atomic is priced lower then the atomic mudman or other g's'

In answer, it is not!

Here are a few of the cheapest 'buy-it-now' prices for 'atomic' g-shocks from ebay.com today (shipping not included):

GW9200 $136
    GW9000 $104 MUDMAN
    GW5600 $80
    GW6900 $77

I don't want to take this quote out of context, but at the moment 'completed listings' on ebay show the following maximum 'sold' prices:

GW9000 Mudman - $100
    GW9010 Mudman - $172
    GW9300 Mudman - $395
    GW9200 Riseman - $550
    Thanks for your post very informative. Yea i relized that some are non atomic and that the newer versions vs some older in certain models can
    demand a higher price also iam learning all about limited LTD and cost. thanks again can sometimes be confusing to a beginner

Thread Information