Is there a solar and US band only radio controlled mudman?

Thread: Is there a solar and US band only radio controlled mudman?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is there a solar and US band only radio controlled mudman?

I only see a regular mudman, a solar atomic 5 band and a solar atomic six band. Thanks!

Re: Is there a solar and US band only radio controlled mudman?

you can only get a 5 or 6 band atomic mudman. Some of the early atomic watches were two band (US and Japan). I dont think any brand has released a US only atomic watch. Even if you dont use the other bands, having them doesnt really hurt anything, and its probably not cost effective for Casio to engineer the other bands out of the atomic Gs.

What do you mean? All the five and six band atomics work in the US. Do you want one that only works in the US? I don't get it The GW9100 and GW9000 both work in the US, as well as other countries.
    Regards,
    Hugh

Current Collection:
    Sinn U1 - Seiko SBBN007 - Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT - Tissot Seastar 1000
    G-shock DW5025B-7V - G-shock GW700BDJ-2

Outgoing:
    G-shock GW5525A-1 G-shock DW5600R-3JF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As far as my knowledge about G-Shocks goes there is no US Only Band G-shock.

just out of curiosity , Why you are looking for US only Band G-shock?

Yes, I'm a bit puzzled by that too...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

i dont really...get wat you're asking, sorry. as far as i know all GW9000s 5-6bands all work in the U.S

Quote Originally Posted by sameerb View Post
    As far as my knowledge about G-Shocks goes there is no US Only Band G-shock.

just out of curiosity , Why you are looking for US only Band G-shock?
    Actually aren't the "atomic" G's sold on US based websites single band only???

For example, the old GW300's that had the problematic rechargable batteries, $40 from Costco about 2.5-3years ago. Those are US(single band) only aren't they?

And I think "multiband" on the dial are the multiband 5/6 variants while the "atomic" means single band...

I forgot what those dualband US/Japan G's have on the dial but I'm pretty sure there's a "US freq only" G-shock usually denoted by "atomic" or "solar atomic" depending on the other features.

As for the OP's question...Why don't you just turn off "auto update" so that you update using the US freq at your own leisure. That way you still get the watch you want, with the atomic update that you need...You wouldn't happen to be US or Canadian Navy/Coast Guard would you? If you're on west coast and near Alaska/western Canada I doubt you'll get the signal but if you're in the Atlantic on the East coast, I still doubt that you'd be near enough to get updates from the UK signal...

But anyways turning off "auto" syncing should do the trick. Good luck on your choice of mudman, they sure do look tempting.
    Last edited by tirat; April 9th, 2009 at 04:41. Reason: Haven't answered OP's question.

The GW-300 was dual band - either Japan / USA or Europe / UK.

'Atomic' doesn't mean single band - in fact Casio use the term 'Tough Solar Waveceptor' rather than 'atomic'.

'Multiband' was adopted when they moved to making 'world' models rather than regional models.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

The only single band watches that Casio has made that I'm aware of are ones for the EU market and I guess they're really dual band with Germany and England's clocks. Those were/are Edifice models.

Not sure why it matters how many bands there are as long as at least one works in your country.

Unhappy Re: Is there a solar and US band only radio controlled mudman?

Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    I only see a regular mudman, a solar atomic 5 band and a solar atomic six band. Thanks!
    This is a pointless and silly thread.
    Get a Multi 5 or 6 Band Mudman and stop messing around with pointlessly hoping for a single band version, that will provide you with no additional benifits.
    Multi-Band 5 or 6 will work in the US so what's the problem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information