Is there a solution?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Is there a solution?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is there a solution?

I have a problem: I already have a G100-1BV, a DW9052 (beat to...), another DW9052 in the air (cause it's new and prettyyyyy!), a commitment for a DW6900 MS on the 1st, and just saw a GD350-8 that's too good a deal to pass up. What I really want is a Mudman. This doesn't take into account 2 Monsters, 2 Luminox's, a Casio Marlin, Blue Scuba Dude and a dozen Nato/Zulu straps for everything.

The Question: Do I really need the Mudman? Is there an Hostage Rescue Team to extract me from the cult? Will counseling help? Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

WILL WORK FOR G-SHOCK, Please help.....

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Is there a solution?

No, its perfectly OK to have several Mudmen.
    I think a good amount is 8, one for each weekday and one spare.
    Just try to find all color variations and generations of mudman and 8 is easy to archive.

Quote Originally Posted by sna0403 View Post
    I have a problem: I already have a G100-1BV, a DW9052 (beat to...), another DW9052 in the air (cause it's new and prettyyyyy!), a commitment for a DW6900 MS on the 1st, and just saw a GD350-8 that's too good a deal to pass up. What I really want is a Mudman. This doesn't take into account 2 Monsters, 2 Luminox's, a Casio Marlin, Blue Scuba Dude and a dozen Nato/Zulu straps for everything.

The Question: Do I really need the Mudman? Is there an Hostage Rescue Team to extract me from the cult? Will counseling help? Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

WILL WORK FOR G-SHOCK, Please help.....

In all seriousness, if there is such a thing concerning timepieces, I've been switching between my OM and the DW9052 for duty. I decided the OM is just too nice to fight bad guys with and the DW is has taken quite a beating, thus the new one. It looks to me like the Mudman is just about one of the toughest G's out there and can be had for around $75 with a little shopping. The incoming 6900 is solar and I'm interested in seeing how long the battery will last. I guess I can always find a reason/justification to buy another watch, but it helps to hear justification from others. Is the Mudman as tough as it looks?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The incoming 6900 is solar and I'm interested in seeing how long the battery will last.
    It is?! ;) Might want to check your facts/SKU again. DW6900MS is NOT solar. :S
    Either you goofed the SKU or someone lied to you!

As far as the durability of the Mudman, it's pretty solid. Compared to other G's? Not fully sure, they all can take a fairly good beating, haha.

Just PLEASE make sure you take the back other cover off and clean out the human slime from you or a previous owner. Icky.

All of the buttons have covers on the outer bezel, thus the "Mud Resist" which adds another layer of protection to the buttons, and be careful, they are a tad stiff to push sometimes, which isn't necessarily a bad thing!

I've currently got two Mudmen of the G9000 variety, no solar or rally versions, which I should really fix soon.

So yes, I say go for it! The Dual Illuminator looks really pretty at night. Reminds me of a car dash, haha.

Best of luck, and be sure to pace yourself! I often find myself buying in spurts, then chilling for some time, then right back to it. Can't be helped, bud! Unless you never look at web stores or this forum ever again. ;)

My mistake it is a GW6900 (had DW on the brain). If (who am I kidding, When) I get a Mudman I'm gonna get new. NY Watch Store has the following:

73.99 and for 66.72 with about 5 bucks shipping. Seems like a good deal even tho I haven't bought from them.

My mistake it is a GW6900 (had DW on the brain). If (who am I kidding, When) I get a Mudman I'm gonna get new. NY Watch Store has the following:

73.99 and for 66.72 with about 5 bucks shipping. Seems like a good deal even tho I haven't bought from them.
    Good price! Also haven't personally dealt with them, so I'm no help there haha. These are actually the two models I have, hydro'd the MS to help clarity of vision, and the other doesn't have the band right now :D

And the battery on the GW6900 should have you quite awhile! That is, if you mean in regards to it working for many many years, haha. Just make sure when you aren't wearing it, it gets some light in the room. I personally keep mine in the windowsill when I am not wearing them, and they are all still on a high charge, so no issues there.

Replacement rechargeable batteries are fairly easy to find, and not too terribly hard to install, just make sure you do an AC reset and give it lots of light afterwards! (should have a charge on it from the shipper, but still)

I guess it's a moot point now-just won a G9000-MS for 40 bucks even though I thought I would by it new. Didn't really expect to win it at that price. I hate ever seeing a Gshock!
    Last edited by sna0403; May 25th, 2015 at 03:09.
    TRSCP and soulbridgemedia like this.

I guess it's a moot point now-just won a G9000-MS for 40 bucks even though I thought I would by it new. Didn't really expect to win it at that price. I hate ever seeing a Gshock!
    Gotta love eBay! ;) I have snagged a number of watches for an INSANE price due to "The ADJUST button is indented, but still works" or "Solar watch is dead, selling for parts" (no battery at all) and stuff like that, our knowledge is our power!
    Rocat likes this.

I'm partial to the 5-eye Mudman my self. I was gonna post a pic, but then I realized there was a knife in there. Google is your friend I guess.

Haha,
    EBay is every WUS members "Addiction Dealer". We search on it in the middle of the night while our loved ones sleep. We hide our addiction as long as possible. Then when confronted, we deny. Then deflect and say we do not have a problem and pull up the counting thread that shows Sjors has over 600 G-Shocks.
    Kabong30 and hishammsm like this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information