Is there a website with all the world time zones for G-Shocks so I can set them easier?

Thread: Is there a website with all the world time zones for G-Shocks so I can set them easier?

Confused Is there a website with all the world time zones for G-Shocks so I can set them easier?

I am so tired of looking at the times and trying to figure out what is what.

I just want to look at the abbreviations to make it easier.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Suspended

Re: Is there a website with all the world time zones for G-Shocks so I can set them easier

this is one I often use at work. has cities listed and a ssearch feature at the bottom with other cool features. hope it helps, I'm sure our wordly memebers will have other suggestions so you will have a good lot to choose from

The World Clock

Re: Is there a website with all the world time zones for G-Shocks so I can set them easier

yup...I also use timeanddate like rockmastermike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tirat View Post
    yup...I also use timeanddate like rockmastermike.
    I agree! Time and date is a great site. It saves me from having to set my watch. I just check the site...heh!

Cheers...
    posted via BlackBerry Bold - great clock..ha..ha.. !

While we are on the subject... has anyone noticed that the City Codes on some G's are incorrect? Meaning, you set it to the correct (or closest) city and it's off by an hour or so?

This is actually something that upsets me as I have to set my watch to a different city in order to get it to display the correct time.

My guess is that "times have changed" and the tables that the watches get their data off is obsolete. Is this true?

Is there a way to "update" the module with the correct info?
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Breitling SuperOcean 42, 50th Anniversary Navitimer
    Casio GW6900-1
    Longines Vintage Crosshair
    Rolex Explorer II, GMT Master IIc

Quote Originally Posted by Sose View Post
    While we are on the subject... has anyone noticed that the City Codes on some G's are incorrect? Meaning, you set it to the correct (or closest) city and it's off by an hour or so?

This is actually something that upsets me as I have to set my watch to a different city in order to get it to display the correct time.

My guess is that "times have changed" and the tables that the watches get their data off is obsolete. Is this true?

Is there a way to "update" the module with the correct info?
    Yes. I just had that problem while updating my watches for Daylight Savings Time. You can get it to match-up... just takes some tinkering. Make sure that the DST is off for the time zone you are setting to and that the City Code Table is correct on your watch (-4.0, -5.0, etc.). I had a bit of trouble with the first watch until I figured it all out.

For example, I set-up my G7900 like this: I made sure that the DST was off for regular timekeeping. Then I made sure that the DST was off for the Time Zone the watch was set to. Then I made sure that the City Code was correct (-5.0 in my case). While I was at it, I turned off the DST for all of the Time Zones. Everything matches up fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRock View Post
    Yes. I just had that problem while updating my watches for Daylight Savings Time. You can get it to match-up... just takes some tinkering. Make sure that the DST is off for the time zone you are setting to and that the City Code Table is correct on your watch (-4.0, -5.0, etc.). I had a bit of trouble with the first watch until I figured it all out.

For example, I set-up my G7900 like this: I made sure that the DST was off for regular timekeeping. Then I made sure that the DST was off for the Time Zone the watch was set to. Then I made sure that the City Code was correct (-5.0 in my case). While I was at it, I turned off the DST for all of the Time Zones. Everything matches up fine now.
    I don't think I toyed with the DST settings while attempting to get this done. Thanks for that! Look for this thread to resurface if it doesn't work on my next trip. :)
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Breitling SuperOcean 42, 50th Anniversary Navitimer
    Casio GW6900-1
    Longines Vintage Crosshair
    Rolex Explorer II, GMT Master IIc

Thread Information