Thermo and Sunrise/Sunset?

Thread: Thermo and Sunrise/Sunset?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thermo and Sunrise/Sunset?

Are there any G's aside from the DW-6100 with both a thermometer and sunrise/sunset times?

I spend a lot of time outside, and since getting my DW-6100 up and running again, I am really enjoying it. I'm thinking it is my favorite module.

However, the lack of an EL backlight kills me. I can barely make out the time at night in the dark. Sometimes, I simply can't see the time at all. Really depends on what state my night vision is in.

So are the any others with thermometer and sunrise/sunset?

Thanks.

Re: Thermo and Sunrise/Sunset?

Quote Originally Posted by over2land View Post
    Are there any G's aside from the DW-6100 with both a thermometer and sunrise/sunset times?

I spend a lot of time outside, and since getting my DW-6100 up and running again, I am really enjoying it. I'm thinking it is my favorite module.

However, the lack of an EL backlight kills me. I can barely make out the time at night in the dark. Sometimes, I simply can't see the time at all. Really depends on what state my night vision is in.

So are the any others with thermometer and sunrise/sunset?

Thanks.
    I think the Protrek 200m model has both and the EL backlight (plus other features). Not sure of other G's that have the feature set you need but I'm sure other's more knowledgeable than me would know for sure.

Yes i believe the pathfinder line would be your best bet. Personally I would get the PAW-2000.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seems like any time I decide what I like in a module and ask about it, protrek or pathfinder are the responses... lol. Maybe that should tell me something.

Quote Originally Posted by over2land View Post
    Seems like any time I decide what I like in a module and ask about it, protrek or pathfinder are the responses... lol. Maybe that should tell me something.
    I think there's also a hunting or fishing timer that has the feature set. Since I do neither of these activities I haven't explored them much but I think I rem. one while browsing the local Walmart. Nice looking watch and about 40 bucks

EDIT: OK found it, it's the PAS410B-5V

Last edited by perfectlykevin; July 19th, 2010 at 19:57.

Casio PAS400B series has sunrise/set times, moon phase, amount of daylight for each day, time memo, 5 alarms that can be set to ring or vibrate, 24 hr stop watch. There is a fishing and hunting mode,l on the fishing mode, four times each day, up to 4 fish appear on the display to indicate the best times to fish that day.

Slightly off-topic, but what determines whether fish come out or not? I'd be interested to know what the watch is telling me when it's looking very fishy!
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

I completely missed the vibe feature, now it's on the list to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but what determines whether fish come out or not? I'd be interested to know what the watch is telling me when it's looking very fishy!

Tide movement, moon phase (if it's a full or close to full moon, fish feed at night cause they can see. it shuts the bite off during the day. also, the "grey light" in the morning and about 45 min before sunset and into the dusk of the evening are ideal times. high noon is shelter time.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    I think there's also a hunting or fishing timer that has the feature set. Since I do neither of these activities I haven't explored them much but I think I rem. one while browsing the local Walmart. Nice looking watch and about 40 bucks

EDIT: OK found it, it's the PAS410B-5V

I don't see a thermometer on that one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information