Are these the same?

Thread: Are these the same?

Are these the same?

I am sorry for double posting this over in two different threads. I created the first one in the wrong section. Sorry.

I am in the market for my third G-shock and I have done my research and I know I want GWM850-1. On the Casio's site the model number is displayed as GWM850-1. I looked at Amazon to compare price and typed the model number and it appear as GWM850-1CR. I am not sure what the CR indicates and not sure if it is a different model within the GWM850 series. What I want to make sure that I am getting the "Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)" with this. Depending on what page I browse, this spec is sometimes described and not described and I was concerned that the one from Amazon might not have that function.

All I want to know is that I am getting the Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China) and it is the exact same piece as the one on Casio site. Amazon sells it for $86 compared to $130 from MFG site.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Re: Are these the same?

Quote Originally Posted by tungsten24 View Post
    I am sorry for double posting this over in two different threads. I created the first one in the wrong section. Sorry.

I am in the market for my third G-shock and I have done my research and I know I want GWM850-1. On the Casio's site the model number is displayed as GWM850-1. I looked at Amazon to compare price and typed the model number and it appear as GWM850-1CR. I am not sure what the CR indicates and not sure if it is a different model within the GWM850 series. What I want to make sure that I am getting the "Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)" with this. Depending on what page I browse, this spec is sometimes described and not described and I was concerned that the one from Amazon might not have that function.

All I want to know is that I am getting the Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China) and it is the exact same piece as the one on Casio site. Amazon sells it for $86 compared to $130 from MFG site.

Thanks for the help in advance!
    If the multiband6 is what you're worried about, then don't. Regardless of which version, all GWM850 (or GW-M850) should all be Multiband6 capable. This means they should all be able to receive 6 radio atomic time frequencies worldwide.

Apparently GWM850-1CR (or GW850-1V) is the model distributed in U.S.. GW-M850-1ER is for Europe and GW-M850-1JF is for Japan only.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphe View Post
    If the multiband6 is what you're worried about, then don't. Regardless of which version, all GWM850 (or GW-M850) should all be Multiband6 capable. This means they should all be able to receive 6 radio atomic time frequencies worldwide.

Apparently GWM850-1CR (or GW850-1V) is the model distributed in U.S.. GW-M850-1ER is for Europe and GW-M850-1JF is for Japan only.
    That makes sense if the last alphabets indicates the region that it is distributed in. So, the one on Casio's G-shock site and the one on Amazon is exactly the same, right? Sorry for double checking, but I just want to make sure before I get it.

This will be my forth G-shock. I recently bought ga-100a and now I want a atomic timekeeping one. Thanks again. Once I know the answer to the question above, I will get this one! Thanks for the help!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by seraphe View Post
    Yes
    Thank you very much!

Thread Information