Think i've made a mistake on a Core, Protrek required.

Thread: Think i've made a mistake on a Core, Protrek required.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Think i've made a mistake on a Core, Protrek required.

have recently sold off the 4 G-Shocks i had in my collection (only yesterday infact, one of these being a Riseman) i did this to raise funds for a new ABC watch with compass function and the fact i only used to wear my Riseman so thought it was a waste them all being sat on my draw.

Anyway i ordered a Suunto core all black and it has just arrived, there was no excitment or anything when i was opening it and as i tried it on nothing, not a flutter as i think deep down i have got used to the G-Shocks and also its still in the back of my mind about the realiabilty of the core, i don't like the strap this seems really flimsy and as though you have to be carefull when taking it on or off incase of damaging it.

So to cut a long story short i am going to send it back and order a Protrek, even though i haven't seen one in the flesh i would like to think they will have the same tactility and quality as my beloved G-Shocks did, only decision now is 5000 with strap or 2000 with strap or do i wait for the all black 5000, also can anyone tell me if both these models are similar in size to the core because even though the 50mm diameter put me off when trying it on it seems a nice size and doesn't wear like say a 50mm Breitling etc would

Cheers Lee
    Previous
    Red Snoopy Watch (1st watch age 4), About 20 Swatch's, Citizen Titanium, Nike Sports Digital, Raymond Weil W1, Omega Seamaster (00), Tag Heuer Formula 1 (01), Tag Heuer Monaco (03), Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAB2010 (05), Tissot T Touch (08), Omega Planet Ocean (08), Omega Speedmaster Professional(08), Breitling Superocean Steelfish (08), Rolex 14060 ND (09V), Rolex 16610 Sub Date (09V), Breitling Avenger Seawolf (10), Rolex 16570 Explorer II Black (10V), Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Calibre 5 (11), Tag Heuer Aquaracer Caibre 5 WAN.2110 (11), Hamilton Khaki King Quartz (14), Tag Heuer Formula 1 CAU1111 (12), Tudor Pelagos 25500T (15), Omega Seamaster Diver 300m (15), Tudor Black Bay Blue (16), Longines Legend Diver (16)

Current
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (16), Seiko SRP 777 (Turtle) (16), G Shock GW M5600-1ER.

Inactive

Re: Think i've made a mistake on a Core, Protrek required.

I've looked at the Cores several times in the internet, because many seems to praise the altimeter/barometer - but I dont like the look, and reading the manuals turns me off too...

The 5000 and 2000 are very different beasts, I think you're better of checking them out in a real store. Are you aware there's a new PRG-240 on it's way? Not atomic, but otherwise very similar to the 2000 function-wise. The look are very much inspired by the PRG-40.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomAsio View Post
    I've looked at the Cores several times in the internet, because many seems to praise the altimeter/barometer - but I dont like the look, and reading the manuals turns me off too...

The 5000 and 2000 are very different beasts, I think you're better of checking them out in a real store. Are you aware there's a new PRG-240 on it's way? Not atomic, but otherwise very similar to the 2000 function-wise. The look are very much inspired by the PRG-40.
    Hey there yes i am aware of the 240 but if im sticking with casio it has to be atomic solar, still can't make my mind up on the two though which is more functional and easier to use?
    Previous
    Red Snoopy Watch (1st watch age 4), About 20 Swatch's, Citizen Titanium, Nike Sports Digital, Raymond Weil W1, Omega Seamaster (00), Tag Heuer Formula 1 (01), Tag Heuer Monaco (03), Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAB2010 (05), Tissot T Touch (08), Omega Planet Ocean (08), Omega Speedmaster Professional(08), Breitling Superocean Steelfish (08), Rolex 14060 ND (09V), Rolex 16610 Sub Date (09V), Breitling Avenger Seawolf (10), Rolex 16570 Explorer II Black (10V), Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Calibre 5 (11), Tag Heuer Aquaracer Caibre 5 WAN.2110 (11), Hamilton Khaki King Quartz (14), Tag Heuer Formula 1 CAU1111 (12), Tudor Pelagos 25500T (15), Omega Seamaster Diver 300m (15), Tudor Black Bay Blue (16), Longines Legend Diver (16)

Current
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (16), Seiko SRP 777 (Turtle) (16), G Shock GW M5600-1ER.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

atomic is over rated. how hard is it to press the adjust and reset the seconds back 5-10 every month? not too hard. the new 240 has solar. THAT is a big plus, as the old 40s were battery hogs. just my opinion.
    Last edited by bajachild; August 30th, 2010 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Law4778 View Post
    i don't like the strap this seems really flimsy and as though you have to be carefull when taking it on or off incase of damaging it.
    I had this exact same impression when I went to try on the Core at a dealer. Flimsy strap. But I love Protreks/Pathfinders. The Protreks' strap - solid! Compared to the Core it's like night and day! Plus you can get Protreks on bracelet which I like very much too. If you look at some 18-month-old posts on the ABC forum, there was one guy who worked in the logging industry and was VERY hard on watches. He said the Protrek's/Pathfinder's bracelets were the strongest and most reliable of any watch he tried.

I really really wanted one of the military Suunto's in carbon a fiber-look finish with a red display, but they don't seem to make them any more....

--Greg

Careful with the 2000. Try to see it in the flesh before you buy one.
    It's an amazing watch and I've overly pressured my wife to get me one without trying it first. Once I've got it I realized that 50mm is way too large for me and I'm now stuck,I can't sell the watch
    Now don't get me wrong,it's an excellent piece,very light and comfy,but it really looks like you're wearing a cooking pan. I'm waiting fall to wear it with a winter fleece that will maybe add some volume to my harm and therefore break the watch's large surface,we'll see...

Does it have to be a Protrek anyway ?? I've just bought a Riseman and I'm absolutely stunned by this watch capabilities. There's no compass but you can alway add one of those aftermarket strap ones.

And yes,stick with atomic. You can't beat that
    Last edited by gettocard; August 30th, 2010 at 23:03.

I have a 5000 and I love it! Beautiful and functional.

Also, as you're in the UK you might like to know they've started getting them into H Samuel stores so you can try before you buy! I'm sure you'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by gettocard View Post
    Careful with the 2000. Try to see it in the flesh before you buy one.
    It's an amazing watch and I've overly pressured my wife to get me one without trying it first. Once I've got it I realized that 50mm is way too large for me and I'm now stuck,I can't sell the watch
    Now don't get me wrong,it's an excellent piece,very light and comfy,but it really looks like you're wearing a cooking pan. I'm waiting fall to wear it with a winter fleece that will maybe add some volume to my harm and therefore break the watch's large surface,we'll see...

Does it have to be a Protrek anyway ?? I've just bought a Riseman and I'm absolutely stunned by this watch capabilities. There's no compass but you can alway add one of those aftermarket strap ones.

And yes,stick with atomic. You can't beat that

have recently sold off the 4 G-Shocks i had in my collection (only yesterday infact, one of these being a Riseman) i did this to raise funds for a new ABC watch with compass function and the fact i only used to wear my Riseman so thought it was a waste them all being sat on my draw.

From my initial post
    Previous

Current

Quote Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
    I have a 5000 and I love it! Beautiful and functional.

Also, as you're in the UK you might like to know they've started getting them into H Samuel stores so you can try before you buy! I'm sure you'll love it.
    Thanks for that i will have to try track one down. Or do you mean they order you one in to store?
    Previous

Current

Quote Originally Posted by Law4778 View Post

From my initial post
    ouch !! Sorry mate,I've been rushing to advise you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information