Thinking Riseman , but could use some help !

Thread: Thinking Riseman , but could use some help !

Thinking Riseman , but could use some help !

Ready to add to the collection , got about 8 so far. looking for something a little bit more durable , less flash. Currently sportin the Dw6900 military. I cant stop looking at the riseman, but i want to know what everyone thinks. I got a mudman in the collection , and i know everyone talks about how great they are , and how comfortable they are , but mine never sees any wrist time, i'm not a fan, IMO its the most uncomfortable G next to the KING G. So i wanted to know how the riseman matches up to other G's in comfort and overall functionality and size. And if your happy or unhappy with yours ?

lvt

Re: Thinking Riseman , but could use some help !

The Riseman wears comfortably if you have the right wrist size for it ;)

About functionaility it has the best module, but access to the buttons is not always easy, like with most if the G.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

The riseman has a pretty soft strap and wears significant more comfortable than a mudman. It has a great (technical) look and if there wasn't the red altimeter button and the red circle, I probably would still have mine. The el-backlight is too short with only 1 second illumination, for all the info that is going on the display, but still from an atomic/solar module point of view, the GW-9200 probably represenst the best what Casio brought to the market to date.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

I've regretted that I bought the Riseman; Readibility is very bad, too much info on a way too small display. But even worse, in low light situations, there's a lot of shadow cast due to as deeply recessed display. Add in bad button access and short light duration, and it's not for me.

My best advise is, try it in real life before buying.

My atomic riseman is my beater G-shock. I love the display, I love that the time is still displayed when the stopwatch is running, I love the barometer, altimeter, temperature functions, I love that the buttons are easy to press, and I love the feel of the strap. My only complaint is that I think it is a little bit on the ugly side. For looks, I prefer the gulfman or frogman. Not sure why.

Thread Information