For those asking about battery changes... PICS

Thread: For those asking about battery changes... PICS

For those asking about battery changes... PICS

I jsut found these pics on my photosharing site. I too cracked open a G in my early days and i didnt have this forum to help me out. These are some pics i took to post on another site to see if someone could help me... Why? i lost the location for the alarm spring.

hope this at least gives you an idea of what is in a G...Here is the victim... er uh... subject...

A picture of the caseback

Here the back is removed and set aside, you can see the module and the "battery cage" off to the right...

A close up of the cage, and that dreded spring! LOL... (thats two screw drivers pointing to the tiny alarm spring.

Here she is working again. I guessed the right hole for the spring because the alarm worked, but the light didnt... And the battery didnt last long at all, so, shes dead again, but a great watch enjoyed for MANY years!

Wink Re: For those asking about battery changes... PICS

Hi Jeff,

Great pictures! Why do you take of the meal case? I always unlock the battery and only take it out. Did you find the alarmspring hole?

Cheers,

Sj:-Drs
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: For those asking about battery changes... PICS

Well, i think i jsut took it out becase it was easy too! :) i assume you mean the battery case (white plasitc). If i remember correctly, i started opening the hatch and the whole assembly came out. I think i found the right hole. but like I said, the battery has since drained again, and i dont wear the watch any more. I prefer the models with the full EL lights rather than the little lamps.. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: For those asking about battery changes... PICS

Little lamps are cute and have a vintage apearal, but EL backlight is much better readable and therefore much more practical. Watches with sensors drain the battery much in sensor mode. you can set the temperature mode off I think...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: For those asking about battery changes... PICS

Nice pictures. Why did the battery go dead so fast? Was the module worn out? Unless it's tough solar or something similar, I absolutely wouldn't buy another quartz watch unless the battery is user serviceable. I can't see spending big bucks on a watch and then having to spend more big bucks just to have the battery changed.

By the way Sjors, your battery change tutorial on your web page is very nice and helpful.

Thread Information