Thought I knew which one to pick.I was wrong!!!

Thread: Thought I knew which one to pick.I was wrong!!!

Thought I knew which one to pick.I was wrong!!!

Hi.couple of days ago a posted a thread where i asked which g shock i shoud buy.i wanted solar and atomic and the best one seemed the GW-9010-1ER .now,someone mentioned the Riseman (GW-9200-1ER is the lastest modellif i am correct). ist it better and as tough as the GW-9010-1ER?besides these two,my eye also caught the protrek 1500 series.since i live in greece, near mountains for hiking/hunting and near the ocean (where i will spend every other day,at least swimming and snorkeling),i am in kind of a dilemma.and are the protrek PRW-1500-1VER "Cerro Blanco" and the PRW-1500YTJ-1EF "Gauri Sankar" any different?because i found a PRW-1500-1VER at Amazon.co.uk for £180.00 ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Protrek-Chronograph-Watch-PRW-1500-1VER/dp/B001LEZ3B0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=watch&qid=1238977219&sr=1-2 ).so,which one should i choose???

Re: Thought I knew which one to pick.I was wrong!!!

If you are into hiking and going to the ocean, I say completely forget about the Mudman and put the Riseman closer to the bottom of the list. I say get one of the PRWs. You can't go wrong with an ABC that has the moon and tide graphs, too.

Im with Kwiatek... the 1500 is one cool watch. And you would use the altimeter, tidegraph and they are TOO COOL looking!

I say join the ABC world... I like the one with the black and orange.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Konz81 View Post
    since i live in greece, near mountains for hiking/hunting and near the ocean (where i will spend every other day,at least swimming and snorkeling)
    Based on that, I'd go for one of the 1500's.

If you're going for a Protrek, also check out the older PRG-80 which doesn't have atomic, moon/tide graph, but appears to be the most accurate of the Casio ABCs. It's larger and more rugged methinks going on the fairly flimsy bezel of the 1500, but the 1500 has the best feature set. Check 'em both out.

The Riseman would also work well, but the lack of compass may put you off; otherwise, very good for your purpose too.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

@ konz81,

you really should make up your mind first what you really need, want and expect from a watch. if you think you will need an altimeter, barometer and compass, than a protrek or a riseman (with a compass attached to the strap) is the way to go. if you don't need those extras, a "regular" g-shock might be best. if it has to be one out of this four above, my choice would be the GW-9200, because it fills the gap best between g-shock toughness, functionality and gadgetry.

if you are open to other suggestions and if you don't necessarily need ABC, i would also strongly recommend the GW-9100 gulfman. it has a titanium case and is arguably one of the best looking G's made to date. is shortcoming is, that it only have a 60min CDT, but so does the PAW-1500.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

If you're not adamant on going with a G-Shock, I'd recommend the Protrek. It's feature-filled, and almost as hardy as the G-Shocks.

Don't worry so much about the different model numbers - they are mainly color scheme differences (unless you get the titanium band model).

Keep in mind, though, that the PRW1500 will be a significant amount more than the Mudman/Riseman (but worth it, in my book).

Good luck!

Thread Information