thoughts or advice
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: thoughts or advice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

thoughts or advice

Hello everyone. Well here's what's going on. I just got a new DW-5600E and my wife was like that thing looks like a kids watch out of a ceral box. Why would you spend $49.95 on it. Take it back and get something that actually looks worth $50. I tried to explain to here the significance of this model and why i got it. wasn't getting in. I know $49.95 seems like a lot but when i looked around for it in the flesh this was the best price i could find. I'm not a fan of online buying if i can help it. $50 is my limit for now until my new job possible comes through, but not sure when that will be and even when it does there's a lot of other things i need to use my new paycheck on first before watches, lol. SO do i just say whatever and keep it, take it back and find something that doesn't look as "cheap" or ??????????????? I got it at the PX on an army base, they had a g2300B-1V for $29.95 and that Timex Vibrating Alarm for $39.95 (which is way cheaper then then the $55.00 price tag at REI.

any suggestions on watches in the $50 range that don't look "cheap" (lol women) or that don't look normal.

James
    Last edited by panerai104; May 11th, 2011 at 18:06.

Re: thoughts or advice

I would return the DW5600E and buy the G2300 for $29.95. I don't know if your wife will like the look of the G2300 better than the DW5600E but the G2300 has more features than the DW5600E. I'm wearing the Timex Vibrating Alarm Expedition. I like it and prefer it over a G Shock but that's a minority opinion in a G Shock forum.

G2300B-1V. Gives you the option to easily upgrade the band. Killer price too.
    Case size is bigger though... so it may just be more of what you wife doesn't like.
    2013: Android AD576BK Divemaster Espionage 2 | Vostok Amphibian 710059 | Vostok Amphibian 710634 | Vostok Amphibian 710526 | Momentum Base Layer (sapphire)
    2014: Maranez Layan | Vostok Amphibian 09013M | Casio MDV106-1A

2015: Vostok Amphibian 100657 | Vostok Amphibian 420914

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yea, 30 bucks is a killer price for a 2300
    i <3 GSHOCKS
    gr8900a || g300-ml || ef-552
    dw6500 "skyforce" || gw410-tcj "triple crown" || gw7900rd-4 "men in burning red" || gd100-ns7 "nigel sylvester"
    gw9200-1 "bullbar riseman mod" || gd100-sc7 "black and blue mod" || gd100-1b "sf giants mod" || g9000mx-8 "poorman's miro mudman mod"

Get the 2300, they are a nice size and really comfy.

Well I talked to my wife and told her that I had asked you all for help and to see what you all thought. I told her that most of the replies came back with getting the cheaper, more functioned g2300. I sent her a pic and she liked it better then the 5600e. didn't see that one coming. lol so it looks like i will head back to the base PX and hope that it's still there. To be honest i've wanted the 2300 for awhile now, and even looked around a few walmarts hoping to catch it in the clearance section, but no luck. When I saw it there yesterday for such a good price i almost bought it, but the strap kind of made me not want it. but as an earlier post pointed out, i can change out the straps and be able to have both the types of straps on it. I always thought it was cool that i could put numbers and info in it. but when cell phones exploded it kind of seemed pointless. But then i read a post about a guy that would out things in the 2300 like flight conformation numbers, things like that and I was like that's a good idea. So we'll see if i can come up with some ways to use the telememo function also.

Thanks Guys.

My wife and I happy you could help. (and save me a few dollars, maybe i'll use the difference in price to buy a new rubber band.)

James

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by twincity View Post
    I would return the DW5600E and buy the G2300 for $29.95. I don't know if your wife will like the look of the G2300 better than the DW5600E but the G2300 has more features than the DW5600E. I'm wearing the Timex Vibrating Alarm Expedition. I like it and prefer it over a G Shock but that's a minority opinion in a G Shock forum.
    Trust me, you are not alone. My Timex Expedition with vibration alarm arrived yesterday and boy, what an awesome watch it is. It certainly doesn't have the idestructable look and feeling of a G-Shock, but the functions are so great, that it can be very well described as a perfect digital watch. Honestly, almost any weak point we are discussion here about Casio watches, were pretty much solved with that time-piece. If I find the time I may right a full review about it, I think it is worth to get a little attention.

cheers
    Last edited by cal..45; May 13th, 2011 at 16:11.
    We are 12.6 %

Not to hijack the thread but I took the original band off my Timex Exp with the vibrating alarm and put it on a waterproof leather strap. Lug width is 20mm and after market straps fit perfectly. I now have it on a Timex fast wrap strap. With 20mm lugs, the strap possibilities are endless.

Another feature I really like is the loudness of the alarm, when it is set to sound not vibrate. The backlight light also flashes when the alarm sounds or vibrates. I also discovered that each alarm has a distinctive sound.

They had one of those timex vibration alarm watches for $39.95 that's finall price since there's no tax. I almost got that one instead. I had it once before, but money was tight and the wife kinda got mad i spent $55.00 on it. I ended up taking it back like the next day. I thought it was a great watch. I got the 2300 because it was a deal of a life time. After going back to get it, i realized that they had priced it wrong. It looked like someone had bought and returned it and when they put back out they grabbed the wrong plastic holder. I looked to see if the watch that was suppose to be it was sitting on another on, but nope it really was the stores mess up not someone switching them out. (at the px all of there G's and Timex's just sit on a shelf not in a case) and it ran up $29.95. I also figured with the Timex vibration alarm being a newer model they would care it longer. They were trying to get rid of the 2300, because another px i went to had two more 2300's on the clearance rack, but for way more then the deal i got. I finally got a deal we all hear about here.

james

Back to the G2300...
    Databank feature is pointless. I'd be surprised if anyone really used it. I wish you could customize which modes/functions appear like you can with some Timex digis.
    Don't forget to check out 2 ring Zulus for a future strap change.
    Enjoy yours... IMO G2300B-1V's are Casio's best bang-for-the-buck "beaters"
    2013: Android AD576BK Divemaster Espionage 2 | Vostok Amphibian 710059 | Vostok Amphibian 710634 | Vostok Amphibian 710526 | Momentum Base Layer (sapphire)
    2014: Maranez Layan | Vostok Amphibian 09013M | Casio MDV106-1A

2015: Vostok Amphibian 100657 | Vostok Amphibian 420914

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information