thoughts on gw-s5600?

Thread: thoughts on gw-s5600?

thoughts on gw-s5600?

Hi guys, I have been itchy to buy a gw-s5600 before it is gone from the market. However since this watch isnt very cheap I do have a few questions before I finally pull the trigger... Hopefully anyone who owns this model can shed me some light :) Thanks in advance,

1. Is the strap very rigid or hard? I owned gw-9300 and didn't like the strap very much. From the pictures I saw online gw-s5600's strap looks like very uncomfrotable too...

2. Does the strap holder stay in place when wearing this watch? The surface of the strap looks reflective so I suspect that it is slippery so the holder may move, either towards the buckle or in the other direction. I had this problem with a few G-shocks of mine which uses steel strap holder.

Thank you

Re: thoughts on gw-s5600?

The strap is very stiff and hard--even more so than the carbon fiber strap on the mudman. It is the stiffest strap on any G-shock with a resin strap that I have worn. That said, it is also very comfortable (which is strange, but it is) and when wearing it with the carbon fiber, I never really noticed that I was wearing it. It feels like I don't even have a watch on. The keeper never moved--it stayed exactly where I wanted it to.

I sold the resin set for my GW-S5600 because it is very shiny, and I prefer matte black anyway. I am still waiting on parts to arrive so I can switch the watch head onto some matte black resin. I think the watch is worth getting if you like a monochrome look like the GW-5000 but want something lightweight. The small size and titanium backing makes this the lightest G-shock ever (excluding Baby G models).

I say get it, and if you cannot stand the feel of the carbon band, then sell your resin set (should be worth quite a bit if it is a new set) and switch to black resin like I am planning to do.

Re: thoughts on gw-s5600?

Thank you kung-fusion, that is very detailed explanation. So you mean the bezel+strap on regular gwm5610 will fit gw-s5600 so even if I don't like the latter I can still sell the "skin" and keep the module in a gwm5610 skin?

That sounds a good idea to secure the money:)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by woshixiaozhu View Post
    Thank you kung-fusion, that is very detailed explanation. So you mean the bezel+strap on regular gwm5610 will fit gw-s5600 so even if I don't like the latter I can still sell the "skin" and keep the module in a gwm5610 skin?

That sounds a good idea to secure the money:)
    Yes you can use gwm5610 bands and bezels on the gw-s5600

Thread Information