Thoughts on the GW9200BW (Negative Display Riseman)

Thread: Thoughts on the GW9200BW (Negative Display Riseman)

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could have your opinions on the GW9200BW, the negative display black Riseman. I know the Riseman is a highly regarded watch here on these forums and I'm looking for a new watch.

I currently already have a negative display G-Shock (not sure the exact model, it has a square white face with negative display and black resin strap and is atomic solar). However, my current G-shock started to get condensation underneath the crystal after about 1 year of use :-/

I replaced the G-Shock with an automatic Seiko SKX173, another highly regarded watch on these forums. However, even after replacing the stock rubber strap with several different NATOsand ZULUs, I just never felt comfortable with the watch. I also found it really annoying having to reset the watch about once a week or having to wind it back up if I didn't wear it for 2-3 days at a time. BTW if anyone is interested in this watch please PM me because I'm going to be listing it on these forums when I get a chance in the next few days.

I'm now looking for a good solar atomic G-Shock, one I won't have to worry about setting or dying. Also one that will preferably last longer than 1 year without having issues with condensation. I'm loving the look of the GW9200BW and was wondering if it's as highly regarded as the positive display model or if there are certain drawbacks to it.

I've also been attracted to the military-style DW5600MS and G5600KG. However, only the KG is solar and neither has atomic syncing which is important to me. Are there any similar styled watches with the tough solar and atomic syncing? I'd love something similar to the GW5610BC but it seems really overpriced on eBay and I found the GW5610 positive display a little boring looking...

Also, any suggestions as to the best place to purchase the GW9200BW? I've looked on Amazon and there are several third-party sellers offering it there but I've never dealt with any of those 3rd parties. I've also seen this watch offered on ebay by several sellers currently but I'm afraid of fakes. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Last edited by hurley81388; December 12th, 2012 at 21:30.

Re: Thoughts on the GW9200BW (Negative Display Riseman)

from what I read in here, every Gshock has "condensation" problem eventhough I never experienced it

most of the Gs with atomic feature are more expensive because they are made from domestic market, I think, they just export a few

currently I am drooling over the gwx-8900, I have 3 riseman but not the one you are looking at

I bought my Gs at amazon, ebay, and f29 - and use paypal, and haven't encountered a fake one yet

hope this help

Hi, the GW9200 offers both solar and atomic, so those are checks in your requirement list. Negative displays bother some people but since you already have one before, it should be okay for you. Unless you have other requirements, the Riseman should suit you.

PS: I should let you know I'm a fan of the Riseman model and am also ok with negative displays! :)

---

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You may want to check out the GW2310-FB. Seems to fit your criteria at a lower price than the Riseman.

Thanks guys for the advice.

The more I'm looking though, the more I absolutely love the brightly colored 2012 Sea and Earth G-Shocks especially the Mudman GW-9300. It has everything I'm looking for (solar atomic) but is I think extraordinarily overpriced because I have to get it from Japan. The cheapest I can find it is around $380 on eBay which I think is about 200 dollars overpriced. I also love the ICERC GWX-8900 but the same issue- I think it's way too expensive at around $250 at best.

Do you think Casio will release some reasonably priced colorful solar atomic G-shocks this summer for the US domestic market? I would be willing to pay about 200 for one brand new and I just can't find anything at that price right now.

Oh and I did some research, the watch I currently have is the solar atomic GWX-5600B. It has a white face, black strap with tide graph and is solar atomic. It's too bad it has the condensation issue because I love it otherwise. I don't understand why the solar atomic is getting less love than before from Casio

Hurley, the 9200bw is a cool watch! When comparing the pricing vs those colorful one you picked out it's not just the colors reflecting the price. Those are also limited editions, and japanese market. Two BIG reasons for price differentials.
    As for more of the colorful releases, so far for the 30th Casio did the Rising Red (fairly bright) and have announced the Initial Blue (fairly mellow), I'm hoping those two clear the decks for some crazy stuff!
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Hurley, the 9200bw is a cool watch! When comparing the pricing vs those colorful one you picked out it's not just the colors reflecting the price. Those are also limited editions, and japanese market. Two BIG reasons for price differentials.
    As for more of the colorful releases, so far for the 30th Casio did the Rising Red (fairly bright) and have announced the Initial Blue (fairly mellow), I'm hoping those two clear the decks for some crazy stuff!
    yeah I've seen the rising red collection but i'm not in love with the red. it looks too glossy for my tastes and i don't like the gold tinted displays, especially the one on the 5600.

hopefully they'll put out some nice colors this summer that are also solar atomic. it seems like all the fun-colored solar atomic watches are japan only which makes them far more expensive...

You could always buy white and dye.

lvt

The G-9200BW (non-atomic) is on sale for $200 on eBay.

Unless you can justify the absolute need for atomic sync, I think it's a good deal.

I have the GW-9200 Riseman but I didn't use the atomic sync for 1 year because I found that manually reset the second to zero takes less time than waiting the watch to do the task itself.

That's why I recently decided to buy the G-5600KG without atomic sync, practically speaking solar is the only thing we really need nowaday.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

i love mine. the negative display is clear.
    Name:  IMG_0605.JPG
Views: 1957
Size:  449.6 KB

Thread Information