Thoughts on this new strap for DWM-100EC. ( Eric Clapton)

Thread: Thoughts on this new strap for DWM-100EC. ( Eric Clapton)

Thoughts on this new strap for DWM-100EC. ( Eric Clapton)

I posted this thread on the extremely rare Eric Clapton DWM-100EC I found recently.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/rar...on-695274.html

However, as I said in the thread, the leather strap is quite worn, though still quite usable. I was therefore on the hunt for a possible replacement.

Of course getting the exact strap is surely impossible. I have only ever seen one picture of the watch itself before and had never seen one for sale. The idea that there might be spares floating around is surely a flight of fancy. The leather strap was unique to the Clapton model in the DWM-100 series.

Of course as the fitting end is 16mm going to 26mm for the actual end of the strap then there are numerous Casio resin straps that would fit. However, I really wanted a leather strap to stay as close to originality as possible.

Finding leather G shock straps is a far more difficult affair. Well I came across this one and it arrived today.

Here it is with the watch.

The new strap looks and feels very nice. It has a smooth satiny feel to its upper surface. It is not an exact match to the existing leather strap but I feel it stays well within the character of the watch.

Any opinions? It would be easy to put the watch on resin but I am not sure that would be the right thing to do.

Just a reminder of the 'Clapton' itself.

So the question is, should I leave it on its current strap until it finally gives up the ghost, or should I switch to the new one leaving a little bit of life left in the original leather, or even switch to an ordinary resin strap?

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch100; June 7th, 2012 at 17:25.

Re: Thoughts on this new strap for DWM-100EC. ( Eric Clapton)

I would use the old one until its gone then put on the new one. What is the part # for the leather strap you purchased because I am thinking of getting one, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    What is the part # for the leather strap you purchased because I am thinking of getting one, thanks.
    I got the band from Tiktox but it was the only one he had in stock and I wouldn't know where you might find another.

Mitch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would use the old one until its gone then put on the new one. What is the part # for the leather strap you purchased because I am thinking of getting one, thanks.

Here is the link.

Casio Watches at Discount Prices | Casio Watches , Casio Watch Straps | Casio G-Shock Watches | Casio Pathfinder Watches |Casio Wave Ceptor Watches|Casio Watch Straps

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    So the question is, should I leave it on its current strap until it finally gives up the ghost, or should I switch to the new one leaving a little bit of life left in the original leather, or even switch to an ordinary resin strap?
    Tough one. When I get spares, I want to keep them as spares! Taking a strap out of its packet always pains me a little. I think it would be a shame if the original 100EC strap got completely worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerlike View Post
    Tough one. When I get spares, I want to keep them as spares! Taking a strap out of its packet always pains me a little..
    Yes it is always something with this daft hobby. I have this reluctance to wear unworn vintage models. That is why I am ok with this watch having wabi, means I can happilly wear it even though it is extremely rare.

But then you still get the dilemma of the strap!

Mitch

Thanks for the info Mitch!

Thanks for the info Mitch!
    No probs.

Mitch

I feel the same way about wearing unworn watches/straps/bezels however if it were me I would put the new strap on it and leave some life in the original. With this watch being so rare having the original strap in wearable condition, even though not mint, would be the way to go in my opinion. Also if you ever sell it, having the strap in wearable condition seems like it would be a good selling point.

Thread Information