Tight screws

Thread: Tight screws

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tight screws

When you get a brand new G-Shock, do you ever check the screws on the back to make sure they're tight. And do you see if you can tighten them up just a tiny bit more to be 'on the safe side'?
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Re: Tight screws

Hey Lexx.. yer not drumming up business are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    When you get a brand new G-Shock, do you ever check the screws on the back to make sure they're tight. And do you see if you can tighten them up just a tiny bit more to be 'on the safe side'?
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

Never bought a brand new 'G' though i always remove case back on 2nd hand purchases and check gasket.

A word of caution on tightening screws into plastic cases.........just a little bit too much and you can easily strip the threads!

Rusty

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The 'safe side' could be over-tight...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    A word of caution on tightening screws into plastic cases.........just a little bit too much and you can easily strip the threads!
    Yes that's right, but I don't mean hard enough to do that. I mean once you're satisfied they're not loose, a little token twist not enough to shift the screw if it's sufficiently tight. I can't resist.

I'm more interested if anyone just checks new ones, and if they've ever found any that seem at all loose.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The 'safe side' could be over-tight...
    Yep, I was addressing that as you were typing it I think. It would be nice to have a torque-screwdriver to get it just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    Hey Lexx.. yer not drumming up business are you?
    I have to, I need the cash for the next G-Shock. Just a small one.. to keep me going...

Ahhh.... and if you'd get my luck.. you wouldn't need mooch moolah...

Anyone needs their screws tightened... send yer watches to Lexxorcist..... experienced not necessarily available.. Have screwdriver will tighten

I have to, I need the cash for the next G-Shock. Just a small one.. to keep me going...
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

OK, I'll admit to checking screws on new watches for tightness. I mean, how would you feel if the back fell off just because you were too lazy to do a simple tension check on the screws ?

I don't do it every time but sometimes they just look a little 'loose' or aren't at the right height in relation to the other screws.

Actually, the first thing I always check is the light

Does anyone know how they tighten them in the factories? Are they tightened by a machine or all by hand? They seem to do a good job, and I'm wondering if they have some way of making sure they're not too loose or tight other than human judgment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information