Tiktox hidden vat etc...

Thread: Tiktox hidden vat etc...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tiktox hidden vat etc...

Hey, what is going on with Tiktox? I was ready to buy the m5600 from them and i sent them an email before 3 months to ask about shipping costs for Greece...they replied and wrote "4 pounds". The watch was at 64 pounds (with VAT, as a message wrote). Before 3 days i lost almost 2 hours from my job to put 85 euros in the bank (almost 68 pounds with shipping). After that, i filled the form and at the checkout, there was a "hidden" VAT almost 13 euros more...(total 77 pounds)! For another time, i lost 1 hour from my job and put the rest of the money in bank...and when i filled the form for the second time, i noticed that they raised shipping costs to 20 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (total 111 euros).... I'm very dissapointed with them...i almost lost my interest for that model..its very difficult to find it under 100 euros with shipping for Greece via Paypal.

I got sick with "hidden" total prices for international shipping..man! 20 pounds to ship a small watch from UK to Greece...its robbery! i don't want insurance and other stupid expensive options...i feel like living in North Pole!

Re: Tiktox hidden vat etc...

I can't quite follow the process you're describing, but it does make sense for dealers to use insured shipping that comes with tracking. Otherwise, there's no telling what happended if the customer says the item hasn't arrived.

I prefer to use premium postage when selling from the Sales Corner for the same reason. I don't know the cost of shipping to Greece, but it usually costs me between £10 and £15 to ship abroad from the UK.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I can't quite follow the process you're describing, but it does make sense for dealers to use insured shipping that comes with tracking. Otherwise, there's no telling what happended if the customer says the item hasn't arrived.

I prefer to use premium postage when selling from the Sales Corner for the same reason. I don't know the cost of shipping to Greece, but it usually costs me between £10 and £15 to ship abroad from the UK.

I'm trying to describe that they "hide" a VAT and they changed their shipping costs without a notice...also, they don't show clearly the total price for international orders...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

4 pounds shipping charges to Greece is obviously wrong. But you should have checked "view shipping info" while looking at an article and you would have noticed the 20 pounds shipping charges for Greece.

And during the "checkout" you definitely should pay attention to the shipping charges and the VAT (note that value added tax is now on the watch's net value and the extra shipping cost). No surprises at all.
    G-Shocks: GW-M5600, DW-5600C, GW-6900, AW-591ML, GW-225C, GAC-100, G-7900-3
    Traser: P 5900, Classic Automatic Pro, Officer Pro
    Laco: Bielefeld, Mailand
    other: Timex Ironman 30 lap, Timex Weekender Central Park, Casio MRW-200H, Casio MQ-24

Have you tried contacting him about it, because VAT is included in the price of the watch. I bought my GW-M5600 from there.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I haven't tried to get in contact with them, i will try to get it from Amazon. I don't want to talk with people who hide info like this. Before 3-4 days at the checkout, the watch had a total cost of almost 77 pounds together with shipping costs. Now its almost at 88 pounds.. I'm not going third time to the bank to add a few money. With that rate, they might add 10 pounds the next time i go to the checkout...!

Quote Originally Posted by Funkywatch View Post
    I haven't tried to get in contact with them, i will try to get it from Amazon. I don't want to talk with people who hide info like this.
    I really don't understand your problem. Have a look at the attachment, all the infos are there. I faked a adress in Greece and the checkout sum is 88.49 which includes shipping to Greece (20 pounds) and 17,5% UK VAT to the watch's net value plus shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images

other: Timex Ironman 30 lap, Timex Weekender Central Park, Casio MRW-200H, Casio MQ-24

did you try contacting them about this? you should say that this is unfair and that there should not be any hidden charges. sounds like you got ripped off from them.

complain to them about this. if they want to keep you as a returning customer, they will do something.

otherwise, file a charge back if you are really unhappy or just never buy from them again.

state that in the e-mail as well.
    09/02/08 - G-Shock DW5600FS-3JF aka HERO G
    10/14/08 - G-Shock GW9200-1 Riseman
    10/19/08 - G-Shock GW-M5600BC-1JF
    03/31/09 - Seiko SBPP001
    09/19/13 -
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 125 ST378.0801

Funkywatch,
    I also had an extremely unpleasant experience when I attempted to deal with Tiktox.

Why should you be paying UK VAT when you live in Greece? And £20 shipping?

I would like to help you get a GW-M5600 for a reasonable price.
    PM on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by steve andrews View Post
    Funkywatch,
    I also had an extremely unpleasant experience when I attempted to deal with Tiktox.

Why should you be paying UK VAT when you live in Greece? And £20 shipping?
    Still confused about the "unpleasant experience" since all information is provided by tiktox. Anyway, the thing about UK VAT: Greece is in the EU and so is the UK. Therefore a greek customer buying an item from UK has to pay UK VAT but zero tariff and zero VAT in Greece. Nothing wrong about that. The greek VAT is even higher (19%).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information