Tim I have a question for you...

Thread: Tim I have a question for you...

Tim I have a question for you...

on your Solar Atopmic MTG with the black stainless bracelet... Do you find the black scratches easily??

Surely its not PVD?

Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tim I have a question for you...

Hi Jeff, I bought my MTG 950 last summer and wore it sporadically, mostly while messin' about in the backyard and sitting late at night under my spruce trees. It got it's fair share of abuse and....there are no scratches on the bracelet or the clasp.

Apparently, they are ion plated!! Don't know if that's good or bad but it seems to work for me. I doubt if I'll get much wrist time with it now with the two new froggies.

froggggaholllllic Tim

yeah I am considering a similar model i saw...

Man, your brazillian frog is gorgeous. congrats on that! And thank you for your answer..

BTW:
    "Sitting late at night under my spruce trees" I like anyone that posts that quote in a posting! :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C
    yeah I am considering a similar model i saw...

Man, your brazillian frog is gorgeous. congrats on that! And thank you for your answer..

BTW:
    "Sitting late at night under my spruce trees" I like anyone that posts that quote in a posting! :)
    Thanks Jeff, I'm sure you'll love it. Here's a pic of my private spot!!...now picture this with a coleman propane lantern hanging from a limb....

frogggggaholllllic Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

That jsut cool Tim! I have sevreal Blue Spruce that were transplanted from North Ga. They are gorgeous trees and I absoloutely love them! Not quite as big as yours! But i am a little further south! :)

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C
    That jsut cool Tim! I have sevreal Blue Spruce that were transplanted from North Ga. They are gorgeous trees and I absoloutely love them! Not quite as big as yours! But i am a little further south! :)
    Thanks.....and the very best thing....as every bushman can tell ya....blackflies and mosquitoes really hate spruce. My dad was a bushman and knew this and planted these around 1968. It was only last year that I decided that it was ready for habitation as the bows now come to about 8 inches from the ground and the tree's are 45 feet. Lots of small swallow nest there and it's quite a thing watching them hatch and learn to fly. They are really tame!! I went in with my MTG and started to cut out some bows and it seats 6 comfortable. Absolutely not a fly all summer just a couple of mosquitoes passing thru quickly. I'm building a new shed (with power) this summer and will have a fridge accessible from the yard and a barbecue shack set up.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Patrick
    It got it's fair share of abuse and....there are no scratches on the bracelet or the clasp.

Apparently, they are ion plated!! Don't know if that's good or bad but it seems to work for me.
    if that's case, then casio did a good job on the ion plating.

regardless of what kind of plating / anodizing / deposite, it WILL scratch if the force is big enough. but it will be interesting to see how well it hold up.

Citizen also have a black ion plating nighthawk, and i have heard bad review from the users regarding the black ion plating rubbing off too easily.

i think i remember seeing a pic of a black ion plated G with "marks" on the plating, but i don't think the user said the metal can be seen under the marks. (the ion plating didn't scratch through)

Thread Information