Time for a RAYSMANIA!

Thread: Time for a RAYSMANIA!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Time for a RAYSMANIA!

Remember the good old days?

Back in 2004 we had a major case of Raysmania in here, it was the most talked about model and everyone dreamt about it, calling it a Ultimate G-Shock. It was the G-Shock that all else had to measure up too..

It simply was a Grail G and most in here where very jealus of Sjors and Ozziejapan for having so many of them hehe

So since after many years finally received one of my Grails the Raysman I totally feel in love with it and is now straped to my wrist for the last couple of days, and I thought why not attempt to start another Raysmania in here hehe

So everyone who owns one post your picture in here and let us know what you think of it, or everyone who wants one post your desire in here...

Who knows perhaps this very enabling forum will make a few go and buy a few and make more in here Raysman owners...

Here I copy the content of my arrival thread for those who have not seen it yeat:

Another big box from Japan oh dear...

Japanese papers...

3 watch boxes inside... In case you wonders what is in the other 2 then you have to wait and see, all I can say to you is that they are a couple of very rare G-lide's...

Lets have a closer look in the one to the left...

Looky looky, what is peeking there?

Yes yes yes, finally the gold display Raysman the DW-9300J-9 that was only released in Japan and is very rare these days , I think Sjors is missing this one in his Raysman collection...

Some more beauty shoots:

Talk about heavy duty load!

Some size comparisson shoots with the DW-6700 SkyForce and the Gulfman:

Gulfman at the bottom, SkyForce in the middle and the Raysman on top. The Raysman is one big behemouth, its the thickest G ever I think at 20mm. Wears like a Tire! The Skyforce is the Widest G but the Raysman is thicker and is larger from cuf to cuf. So they are about similar size...

Really nice Titanium backplate (I later found out that only a few of this model came with Titanium back case, most where SS back cases so my version is indeed truly rare), I just love the Rasyman bat symbol it is so cruel and badass awesome!

EL Shoot...

Some more random outdoor shoots:

The Raysman was part of the original Master Of G line and was the top model and was the first G ever with Though Solar technology (hence its name Raysman as in Man living of Rays or sun rays). It was even more expensive then the Riseman and retailed for $250-$300 back in 1998 when it came out. This particular version with gold display and mixed yellow/red lettering and a couple of gold bolts and gold buckle was a limited Japanese model. Me personally likes this version and the MIS version best in the Raysman line.

I remember the first time I saw the Raysman in a watch shop window, the first impression was that it was HUGE and looked so very stealth and futuristic. It had a very modern form compared to most other G's also it gave the impression of beeing a top model it simply looked expensive. I so much wanted it but the price tag $300 was just way to much for me at age 19. The Raysman together with the MRG's and the Frogman is the thoughest built G's ever, it has an extra thick composite case and a extra inner steel frame and a thicker curved crystal for extra shatter resistance.

Let me tell ya this thing is HUGE, it is very fat and big. It is just Ginormous..

It is as much G-Shock as a G-Shock can get!

I hope you enjoyed the Show!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Re: Time for a RAYSMANIA!

Nice one man
    Couple of watches here and there

Mate, huge congratulations on that fantastic Raysman! It's a big beauty and a true classic G-Shock...

I will post pics of my 3 Raysmans shortly...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good idea Joakim!
    Here is my Raysman. I bought it in February after looking for it a long time. I like the G-Shocks in basic black and most preferable as big as possible. When I got the Raysman I finally had a G-Shock that could match the size of my DW-6700.

Size comparisom with my DW-6700:

Very nice, and congratulations! Excellent pics.

That's one big G!

OK, here we go. Firstly, my Men In Black Raysman. Love this thing...

Big old yellow Yacht Timer...

Awesome catch! looks like the Raysman needs some sun.
    ]

And last but not least, my DW-9300J-1...

Nice huh, these Raysmans..?

Nice watch, but bad thread for me. Now I want one too. More pictures please.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information