Time Recorder? / Wave Ceptor / GW530A

Thread: Time Recorder? / Wave Ceptor / GW530A

Time Recorder? / Wave Ceptor / GW530A

I bought a new G-Shock Wave Ceptor at Wally World today because I use the alarm and count down timer (which it doesn't have!) often.
    I guess I can get by with just the alarms but the useless manual doesn't give a clue about what I'm supposed to do with the time recorder.
    I got this model because it doesn't have the cheap plastic (acrylic?) easy scratch window that my previous el cheapo Casio did.

The recorder mode is the first mode after time and the description from Casio website follows:

Time Recorder
    Memory capacity: 30 records (each record contains month, day, hour, minutes, seconds)

Any help with this function appreciated.
    Why the name "Wave Ceptor"

Overall I like this watch. I do wish it had the countdown timer like every other digital watch on the planet but hey I've got 90 days to see if it grows on me.

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Time Recorder? / Wave Ceptor / GW530A

Hi,

Time Recorder logs the current time whenever you press and hold the button (see manual). There has been much discussion on the forums about the use Time Recorder.

I guess it could be useful for lawyer/contract type who need to keep track of start and end time of a job - without having to write it down. This way you could log the times and write them down at the end of the day.

Waveceptor: watch receives a radio signal that broadcasts the time from an atomic clock. Watch then sychronizes its time to this radio signal. No need to adjust for daylight savings and your watch will always show correct time - right to the second.

Enjoy your watch.
    Ghobbit

Thanks for your reply.
    I glady would trade that silly record feature for the basic countdown time.
    As I stated I have 89 days to decide if I can get by without the timer.

Thanks,

Steve

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ghobbit View Post
    Hi,

Time Recorder logs the current time whenever you press and hold the button (see manual). There has been much discussion on the forums about the use Time Recorder.

I guess it could be useful for lawyer/contract type who need to keep track of start and end time of a job - without having to write it down. This way you could log the times and write them down at the end of the day.
    It so happens that I use that feature in exactly that way. Part of my time is billable and I use my MTG900 for that purpose.

I have a relative who is a police officer who has a casio G with that feature. He uses the time recorder feature fairly often when he is on the job. Later, if he has to testify in court about when something happened, he can testify that he is certain about the time because his watch synced that morning to the atomic time clock. Pretty neat, eh?

- Tim

I use the time recorder function on occasion, but I don't find it to be particularly useful unless I can't find a pen and a notebook somehow. I still think the time recorder is a good backup function to have on my watch. However, it will not be something that I look for in any of my future G's.

Having said that, GW530A is a solidly built watch. It has a good balance to it and the material is solid. I have all the confidence in the world in the watch, and that's not something any other functions can replace.

I'm keeping it!

O.K.

So some have you do have use for the the record feature, great.
    Its still not a good reason to take away the useful countdown timer.
    I'm finding that I can live w/o the countdown timer as the many alarms fill the void.
    I also really like the style of the watch. The black/stainless with red highlights looks nice along with the 3 circle dials on the watch.
    The owners manual is not very useful but you can find out how the watch functions by reading some reviews on Amazon or asking here.

FWIW the larger circle to the left functions as an hour dial. The middle dial is the battery strength and the last smaller dial to the right is for the various functions i.e. alarms, backlight, signal etc.

I paid $90 including tax for mine at Walmart becuase I saw it in the display but figured I could likely get it for less at amazon.com

After two weeks of liking this watch I'm returning it to Walmart and get my $90 back.
    I just ordered it at amazon.com for $60 delivered!
    Amazon.com: G-shock Atomic Solar Watch: Casio: Watches

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by tcolling View Post
    It so happens that I use that feature in exactly that way. Part of my time is billable and I use my MTG900 for that purpose.

I have a relative who is a police officer who has a casio G with that feature. He uses the time recorder feature fairly often when he is on the job. Later, if he has to testify in court about when something happened, he can testify that he is certain about the time because his watch synced that morning to the atomic time clock. Pretty neat, eh?

- Tim
    Good to see the time recorder function being used properly! I was playing with it and wondering of all the uses, and I came up with a few creative ones like micromanaging a salesperson who isn't making enough calls to time when they make the calls lol
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Its good, that got it, but in market there are lots more other types of time recorders are availble. You can try them.

Thread Information