timex question

Thread: timex question

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

timex question

It's me again guys...
    i would like to know how do you think about
    timex expedition watch?
    Or maybe timex digital watch...
    Someone of you does have timex while collecting g-shocks?
    Tell me your experience and thought about timex watch
    because i had no experience
    the one i bought it's in travel and i want to know your
    idea or personal experience......
    Thanks
    watches are meant to tell times..

Re: timex question

Might have better luck with responses on the Timex forum than the Casio forum:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

Quote Originally Posted by Snowback View Post
    Might have better luck with responses on the Timex forum than the Casio forum:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
    if you look at the section you will see that
    i wrote on the forum but that section it is more static than
    casio g-shock section...
    and i posted my thread here because i want to know how do
    you g-shockers guys think of timex...
    if you hate it or if you know it's good but not like casio and
    so on......
    watches are meant to tell times..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't have any Timex watches but I wouldn't mind having an Ironman. I've resisted buying one because I'm not a runner. The people I know who have one all run like mad and I wouldn't want to have to start running a lot just to wear one. However, I really like that their displays are so large. I kind of wish some of the great looking Gs had larger numbers on their displays.
    Casio AMW320D
    G Shock DW-6900
    G Shock DW-9052
    Green Muddie

I think some timex are okay. They usually have very good features, but don't seem to design the watches for much abuse. It's like Timex has a 'disposable' mentality. The faces of many of their watches also are more exposed than Casio, so I'm more hesitant that way.

The one thing I will give to Timex is that they make analogs with their 'indiglo' feature. I much prefer this over lume on hands/markers. I wish Casio would always include an led light on their all-analog models. I also feel Timex makes a lot of new models/variations instead of just coloring a model and saying it's 'new'.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
    -Albert Einstein

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

My Team
    Casio DW-6900-1V; DW-9100; GW-5600J-1; GW-6900-1; GW-6900B; GW-7900B; GW-9200-1; GW-A1000FC-2ADR; GW-M5600-1ER; MTG-520; PAW-1500T
    Citizen AT0660-05F; AT4004-52E; AT8020-54L; ATD53-3011; AV0021-52H; AV0031-59A; BL1258-53L; BL5440-58E; BN0088-03E; BN0100-51E; BZ0000-50E; EBJ74-1741; JY0010-50E; JV0020-12F; JY0000-53E; JY8000-50E; PMD56-2861; PMT56-2731; PMX56-2812
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Rolex Two-tone 1500
    Seiko SARB023; SBDB001; SBDC003; SBPG001; SKA371; SKA511; SKXA33; SKZ325; SLT079; SLT081; SNDA59; SNE109; SNE283; SNG045; SPB001J; SRP043; SRP227; SRP307; SSC017

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer WAJ2110.BA0870

I have a Timex Humvee. It rivals G-Shocks & in some ways is much better. I like the indiglo feature & the crystal is much better protected than a G-Shock; the display is less cluttered, easier to read & has the same timing features. That being said, mine gets virtually no wear time as I seem to switch between Seikos & Citizens & G-Shocks; probably time to flip it.

Hello.
    I had a Timex before, an Automatic one. Timex is good but I grown used to Casio since my High School days and for their durability. Don't get me wrong Timex has watches that are very durable as well as Casio have watches that are not so durable ( I know had some models that quit on me). I just like Casio watches specially the G-Shocks. Last Timex I bought was for my son and wife, a Timex Expedition for my son and can't remember the model for my wife, I bought these because for the promo the Timex Shop has given, buy one and get a big discount on the other. The Expedition is durable and the Indiglo light is impressive, specially because the watch is and Ana/Digi model, and it lights the whole display, analog and digital. I don't like to baby my watch so I like the G-shock (one which I still use is more than 15 years old),I don't abuse the watch but I am not careful either, my daughter is the same so i bought her a Baby-G which is always on her wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowback View Post
    I like the indiglo feature & the crystal is much better protected than a G-Shock; the display is less cluttered, easier to read & has the same timing features.
    I'm not sure that's a fair statement. I'd say from looking at it, the crystal is better protected than on some G-Shocks and the display is easier to read than some G-Shocks.

I have a couple of Timex Expeditions, and two of my sons had an Ironman and a 440 sports. The only thing I really like about them is the Indiglo, which I agree is very nice. A lot of Timex watches have plastic crystals and hardly any button/crystal protection, which really puts me off. I don't like the tall, skinny digits either, but that's more personal preference than a flaw.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ecalzo View Post
    It's me again guys...
    i would like to know how do you think about
    timex expedition watch?
    Or maybe timex digital watch...
    Someone of you does have timex while collecting g-shocks?
    Tell me your experience and thought about timex watch
    because i had no experience
    the one i bought it's in travel and i want to know your
    idea or personal experience......
    Thanks
    I thin it depends on the model. Most are watches for the money, and there are some newer Expeditions that I'd like to add to my collection-esp the new diver in Ti with yellow dial Timex also makes a very nice and small digital expedition. Does very basic things but is very legible.

Post a pic when it comes in. I used to wear an Ironman watch for several years and about 25 pounds ago, great watches for runners.

Kev

TTT

Their build quality is not as good as a G-shock (in general), but they're still really reliable and tough watches (in general). And they're cheap.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information