Timex Review: An Expedition to the Dark Side - Page 4
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Timex Review: An Expedition to the Dark Side

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Timex Review: An Expedition to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by tfar View Post
    Thanks, guys! Glad you liked the review. If you got any questions, I'll try to answer them.

I also think there aren't too many attractive models in the range. Some of the analogs are actually among the more palatable ones. But this one is really nice and the price is right, actually it's a screaming bargain. And who doesn't like those? Incidentally, I love grey AND I really like the look of ballistic nylon. The strap of this watch has grey ballistic nylon on it. To me that's almost as appealing as a brunette with a great rack. :) (Ooops, I hope that's OK to say.) So I was immediately drawn to it. Walked by the watch numerous times and checked it out. Finally, I mustered up the courage to go and get it. Strange parallels. ;)

Till
    Thank you for the review!

I have the very same model and I like it very much (for what it is). And of course I like its strap too. However, the strap is literally falling apart now. I couldn't find the similar strap (nylon on rubber) anywhere. Could you possibly give any clues? Thanks!

Timex sells replacement straps for, I believe $8 shipped. You can call Timex's 800 number.

There's no such strap on Timex site.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you call the Timex 800 number and tell them the model number, they will tell you if the strap is in stock. The model number is shown in the 1st post of this thread.

Thanks! I'll email them first then.

I am going back and forth between this and the DW5600E. Ahhhh so hard to make a decision between these 2 (at least for me). It will mainly be my outdoor watch for activities such as hiking, camping, cycling, skiing, etc. Does anyone on here on this Timex model? Pictures please? :D
    Last edited by zs3889; May 28th, 2014 at 08:12.

Great review!!

I friend of mine has a Timex and some of the things they do impressed me quite a bit.

The comfort of the strap as well as the shape is incredible.

And one little detail that is just pure genius, the keeper has a little stick in the middle that gets inserted at the end of the strap, so it ALWAYS stays where it is supposed to!!!!

Incredible!!

here is a picture from this forum of the concept, only reversed, with the strap having a stick (dont know how to describe it differently, english not being my first language), and the keeper having a hole

Name:  1235352d1380381760-opinions-timex-mens-t49612-expedition-trail-series-shock-digital-compass-img_.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  141.3 KB

I wear this model on every weekend when I usually go outdoors. Great watch. However, I couldn't find the original strap. My old one literally fell to pieces so I had to buy a generic rubber strap.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information