Tiny 2 in 24hr mode

Thread: Tiny 2 in 24hr mode

Tiny 2 in 24hr mode

I've recently bought a GWM5610 and I've just one gripe with it (great in every other way). When in 24hour mode, when it gets to 20:00 through to 23:59 the first digit is a slimmed down tiny 2. For example 21:12 or 22:25.

Why is this? Surely Casio can design it so all the digits are the same size. Is it just me or does it annoy anyone else. It's enough to keep me using just my analogue G's. Perhaps if I knew there was a valid reason for this I may be able to live with it more comfortably.

Oh and i do prefer to use 24 hour setting, so the option of am/pm doesn't suit

Thanks in advance and sorry if you've read my rant elsewhere but I can't believe it bothers no-one and considering I got no replies there I m starting to think its just me.

Last edited by oiljam; September 28th, 2012 at 01:39.

Re: Tiny 2 in 24hr mode

There was another thread about this same thing last week. Most people seem to think it was to make more room for the other numbers since the 2 is only shown for a few hours.

This annoys me also as well as the lack of a zero in the early hours ( 7:00 rather than 07:00 to demonstrate 24h).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I remember this being the case way back in the 80's already.

I also remember this being the case way back but you'd think by now that with the 24 hour mode being used quite regularly by many they would have sorted what it seems to be a very simple problem. It's enough to drive you crazy.

Thanks for the replies you lot but no one seems to know if there is a real reason for this tiny anomaly.

As many have said in previous threads, its mostly about aesthetics. The other digits would be off-centered if they made a normal sized 2 at the end, thus leaving a bigger gap on the left side of the digital face.
    Wearing a different G-SHOCK ​everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by TedDotCom View Post
    As many have said in previous threads, its mostly about aesthetics. The other digits would be off-centered if they made a normal sized 2 at the end, thus leaving a bigger gap on the left side of the digital face.
    It would be centered just fine if they also added a preceding zero. This way 22:50:08 would be exactly as wide as 08:10:14.

They could do that but unfortunately that is not the case with Casio or with most watchmakers. Its basically not the norm.
    Wearing a different G-SHOCK ​everyday.

Thread Information