Tiny Speck of Dust/Fiber under Crystal.

Thread: Tiny Speck of Dust/Fiber under Crystal.

Tiny Speck of Dust/Fiber under Crystal.

I brought my GA-100 when they was first released and have never opened it. Just lately I have notice this tiny Speck of Dust/Fiber under the Crystal right above the LCD. It is Starting to really anyoying me . Has this happened to anyone else with a G-Shock?
    G-7710-1ER
    GA-100-1A1ER
    GLS-5600-V-7
    ER (Eric Haze 5600 band)

Re: Tiny Speck of Dust/Fiber under Crystal.

Never with a G-Shock, but I have noticed it with far more expensive watches.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

+1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lee79 View Post
    I brought my GA-100 when they was first released and have never opened it. Just lately I have notice this tiny Speck of Dust/Fiber under the Crystal right above the LCD. It is Starting to really anyoying me . Has this happened to anyone else with a G-Shock?
    Did you buy it Brand New from a Store or Some one who had it prior you? It is normally a problem when you buy it pre-owned...

I brought it brand new, June last year. I can not get it to move, I have bashed the watch on the table several times lol. It must of got in when it was manufactured. I guess ill just have to live with it and hope it moves to a better postion over time.
    G-7710-1ER
    GA-100-1A1ER
    GLS-5600-V-7
    ER (Eric Haze 5600 band)

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Never with a G-Shock, but I have noticed it with far more expensive watches.
    +1

My Ball has a lint fiber on the dial while my Riseman doesn't :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

this happens sometimes due to fine dust being present in the air.its never happened to a new g shock of mine...but is usually present with pre-owned g,s

i usually strip the watch down,remove the speck with a plastic tweezers and then re-assemble the watch only to find another small piece of dust or lint has crept in.

it once took me over an hour to remove fine dust from inside a watch usind a toothpick.
    unfortunatelly by stripping the watch,the glass will pick some dust or resedue up and then to try and get that clean and streak free is an absolute nightmare!

usually you end up rubbing some of the lettering off and then you might as well rub it all off and stealth it.this happened to my dw004..see pic below.its now customised and looks a bit different,but i like it

it will bother you until you either sell it or remove it.
    goodluck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by dean0070_8,; March 6th, 2011 at 17:07.

Agreed. Very tough to remove all dust completely, usually makes it worse after you open the case and remove the module. Suggest not to do it unless necessary.

Never happened to me with new watches but did once when I sent a watch for crystal replacement. When it came back, the second hand was pushing the fibre around the dial, was a pretty long one too. LOL. In the end I opened the watch and cleaned it myself. Needless to say I never went back to that watchmaker. No, I'll just call him a battery-changer. Incompetent fool damaged my mum's vintage wind-up too. To think that he had that shop for 30 over years, can't even do a simple crystal replacement properly.

Oops, sorry I went off-topic. My mum was really disappointed after that incident.

Anyway back to topic, you can always hydro-mod if you can't get it perfectly clear.
    When the Going Gets Tough... Get a G-Shock!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by watch_tech View Post
    Did you buy it Brand New from a Store or Some one who had it prior you? It is normally a problem when you buy it pre-owned...
    Pre-owned? Come on, you mean USED.

At least you got it clean! Looks nice!
    SUA SPONTE

Thread Information