Tips for importing G-Shocks from the US to Europe cheaply
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tips for importing G-Shocks from the US to Europe cheaply

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Tips for importing G-Shocks from the US to Europe cheaply

Hi guys,

I am getting addicted to Casio! The problem I keep having is that I'm living in the Netherlands and that G-Shocks are expensive here. For instance, my GW2310FB from the US was only $120, but I spent $22.50 on shipping and $35.10 on import charges, making it a $177 watch. Cheapest local website had it for $230 with free shipping, so importing was still cheaper.

But now I really want a DW-5600E, which is $41.51 shipped on Amazon.com if you live in the USA. On eBay, the cheapest US one (including shipping + taxes) is $75.50. Cheapest European one (faster shipping) is $90. Cheapest local website has it for $108. A cheap and simple watch now becomes a regular priced and simple watch.

Now it is not that I don't have the money, but I feel somewhat violated paying twice of what an American citizen does when he picks one up at his local Walmart. So I was wondering... do you guys know any way to get those watches here cheaper? I am not talking about dodging taxes! But maybe some sort of shared shipping-cost thing with fellow Europeans or a way to purchase watches on Amazon.com and send them overseas for cheap?

Re: Tips for importing G-Shocks from the US to Europe cheaply

No. There's really no trick for that. Try to find it cheap from Europe or play the russian roulette with the custom. Ofcourse we finns could use the Åland Islands for dodging the taxes and things like that, but the effort costs even more money and time. What I do is that I buy a little more expensive model with the lowest price, that makes me feel like a winner even if I lose compared to CONUS folks.

Same here. I always see hell lot of good deals on eBay. And you know what? I wanted the exact same watch; the GW-2310FB (still want it). I saw it going for less than a hundred USD on eBay awhile ago. But the shipping is a whopping $40-50 bucks. I would also like to know if there are ways around it but I doubt anything can be done to the shipping fees. With the already smaller margin for profit by selling it cheaper online, I doubt anybody will lower it more than it actually costs.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pocky View Post
    No. There's really no trick for that. Try to find it cheap from Europe or play the russian roulette with the custom. Ofcourse we finns could use the Åland Islands for dodging the taxes and things like that, but the effort costs even more money and time. What I do is that I buy a little more expensive model with the lowest price, that makes me feel like a winner even if I lose compared to CONUS folks.
    Playing Russian roulette with customs isn't an option anymore. Anytime I order something on eBay from the US, the import taxes are added automatically. I can't disable it.

Did you try amazon.de ? They have good deals sometimes and there are no import Costs for NL from Germany.

Fijne kerst!
    Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    gripmaster likes this.
    PAG 80L
    PAW 1300G-1V
    PRW 5000T-7ER
    PRG 240B-2DR

kj2

Got the same problem. Have a GW-5000 underway to me from Japan. Customs will find that package for sure :( -As long Casio isn't selling higher end G-shocks here ( or at least selling them quicker here after release), you have to pay extra. Thats the downside of living in the EU.

I can relate to the OP: a Rangeman costs €299 in NL (where I live as well). If I didn't had the help of Starscream when I was in India, I would have missed out on the Indian price of €189 (converted from rupees to euro)... So in that regard I'm really not buying watches in NL/EU any more if the rest of the world gets it way cheaper all the time.
    starscream likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Got the same problem. Have a GW-5000 underway to me from Japan. Customs will find that package for sure :( -As long Casio isn't selling higher end G-shocks here ( or at least selling them quicker here after release), you have to pay extra. Thats the downside of living in the EU.
    Living in the so-called EU is one big downside in pretty much any regard

cheers
    kj2 likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

There has to be a rule/law that says you only pay a duty above a certain amount so I would investigate what the rule is in your country. Also when you buy a watch and shipping is free the shipping charge might be counted as part of the taxable amount. On the other hand, if shipping is a separate charge the invoice will state it and it might lower the fee you pay.

As far as shipping costs, it's real expensive to ship from the US to Europe. And the cheaper services don't allow tracking or insurance unless it's done via something like stamps.com. For that reason I only ship internationally via the global shipping program on eBay unless the buyer wants to pay for FedEx or the actual costs of priority international and the w/e I'm shipping is worth less than 400 because that's the cap for priority international.

kj2

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    There has to be a rule/law that says you only pay a duty above a certain amount so I would investigate what the rule is in your country.
    True. Above €22 we pay fees here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information