tips on wavecepting

Thread: tips on wavecepting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

tips on wavecepting

It attempts every night, but no success yet (last "get" was 3-18). I've tried leaving it on my wrist, putting it on a windowsill, nothing. The three bars in the corner light up when it "RC!"s each night, but I guess it doesn't take.

Any tips? If it doesn't start working soon, I'm just going to turn it off for good. I don't want it working that 1616 battery 3x a night (G.W. 300).

Thanks.

Banned

Re: tips on wavecepting

Where do you live? I know I'm fairly close to the Colorado station, but mine even synced in the box when it was still in possession of USPS. My wife's Baby-G synced sitting inside my nightstand inside the box before I gave it to her for her birthday.

Indeed, it's important to know where you live.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Houston, TX

Sad to read that, Jlh. There should be no problem for your GW300 to sync in Houston.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you could be inside a (or very close to) high-rise building or other big metallic structure. Could that be the case?

I live in San Antonio and have no problems at all. Maybe its all that Houston smog?!?LOL
    Don't touch the watch.

I've tried it in a couple of different locations. So it can't be any setting that's wrong, if I am seeing the RC! screen, correct?

Ah well, it's excellent in most other respects. Big, heavy, solar, everything I need in the display, and cheap. Had to find something to replace the Frogman as a daily before it got too ragged out. It was too painful watching an expensive watch (for plastic) evolve into a beater. This will still work, I'll just have to continue manually resetting the time.

I have one myself, Jlh, and it's a great G-Shock: big clear digits, good functions, and a design I like. It's a good alternative for daily wearing, and certainly it will give your Frogman some rest time.

Your settings are correct, I think. There must be something in the location you are that makes the signal difficult to receive. Sadly it happens sometimes.

Wear it in great health.

O.K. thanks for the tips anyways.

I live in Dallas, and have no probs getting reception. I have even got it in Banff Canada. I usually leave mine in a window at night.
    You might check the manual to be sure "autoreceive" is in fact turned on, and you have the correct home city selected.
    If that does not work, see if you can return it to the seller and get another one.

Good luck!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information