Tired of waiting
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By carrot
  • 1 Post By kung-fusion
  • 1 Post By Crater

Thread: Tired of waiting

Tired of waiting

<YAWN> Zzzzzzzzzzzz....... don't see any sign of a King replacement or a new model Frogman any time soon. Someone wake me up if anything shows, thanks. C'mon Casio a new colour of plastic doesn't make a new watch.

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    <YAWN> Zzzzzzzzzzzz....... don't see any sign of a King replacement or a new model Frogman any time soon. Someone wake me up if anything shows, thanks. C'mon Casio a new colour of plastic doesn't make a new watch.
    No it doesn't but it sure helps them sell the same watch over and over to all different kinds of people (and often to the same people multiple times). Casio has figured this out long ago. Why waste time in R&D when they can simply mix a new pigment into a batch of resin?

I mean, the rangeman is a fairly new watch and look how many colors are already made for it! Black, darker black, red, yellow, light blue-gray, royal blue, green jelly, orange, olive green... All we need is a purple one, a brown one, and a white one (I imagine a white rangeman will come out for winter)
    Crater likes this.

Re: Tired of waiting

i couldnt even imagine the initial "seed" money to develop a whole new watch and the equipment to build it.
    its of course far more profitable to change the colour of the resin/display. its also prob why new models like the gd400 get an almost identical module as one already in production ie. the gd120
    considering the huge number of models currently in production, which for the most part, all have the same functions, i think theyre actually doing pretty well to keep selling them as they do
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

didn't they talk about firefighter's gshock in some kind of conference 2 years back ? I guess those expensive analog Gshock sells so well ...............

True, they are spending too much time making diffrent liveries for exsiting models... GD-350 and GD-400 are the only ones I can remember that are completly new and a bit diffrent from last 2 or 3 years, if we don't count the Rangeman. GD-120 are new, but they are diffrent version of GD-110, so not completly new model.
    WorldTime643 likes this.

Thread Information