Titanium Twin Sensor Sea Pathfinder SPF100S-1V

Thread: Titanium Twin Sensor Sea Pathfinder SPF100S-1V

Titanium Twin Sensor Sea Pathfinder SPF100S-1V

So, this isn't technically a G-Shock, but it falls pretty close given it's a Casio. Does anyone on this forum own one? I just picked one up (has yet to arrived) and was curious as to whether there were good or bad things to say about it. I own several G-Shocks and have always been happy with them - just decided to venture a little.

Also, I'm not seeing too much in regard to the older Giez models GS-300's. I own two and were curious as to what other owners thought of them.

Smile Re: Titanium Twin Sensor Sea Pathfinder SPF100S-1V

Quote Originally Posted by furious_01 View Post
    So, this isn't technically a G-Shock, but it falls pretty close given it's a Casio. Does anyone on this forum own one? I just picked one up (has yet to arrived) and was curious as to whether there were good or bad things to say about it. I own several G-Shocks and have always been happy with them - just decided to venture a little.

Also, I'm not seeing too much in regard to the older Giez models GS-300's. I own two and were curious as to what other owners thought of them.
    Well, I used the search function (newbie) and found bits of feedback in regards to the GS-300's. I take it not too many own them - but, the ones that do seem pleased???

Re: Titanium Twin Sensor Sea Pathfinder SPF100S-1V

Hi furious, welcome to the forum.

I don't know much about the SPF series but I'm led to believe that they are a good solid pathfinder. I like the design.

Here's a link to a few of that lineage.

http://cyrilrabih.chez-alice.fr/diving.htm

cheers,

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The SPF 100 comes for a long line of Casio dive computers. These watches are very un G like in that the functions are often very limited (in some cases, strictly to time only and the dive log) and there is no plastic protection covering and protecting the watch.

I've got a some of these watches including the SPF100 and I've found them all to be of high quality. The SPF100 is particularly nice with some sophisticated casework and advanced graphing of dive functions. My only gripe with the SPF100 (and this applies to most dive computers) is the lack of a chronograph function.

One function of the SPF100 is a contrast control on the LCD screen. You don't see that too often. If you are used to G Shocks, I think you'll be pretty surprised and pleased with the quality of the SPF100.

Here are pics of some of my Casio dive computers.

They are awesome and not cheap either. I actually own 2 SPF and 1 Depth Meter.

Smile Re: Titanium Twin Sensor Sea Pathfinder SPF100S-1V

Quote Originally Posted by petew View Post
    The SPF 100 comes for a long line of Casio dive computers. These watches are very un G like in that the functions are often very limited (in some cases, strictly to time only and the dive log) and there is no plastic protection covering and protecting the watch.

I've got a some of these watches including the SPF100 and I've found them all to be of high quality. The SPF100 is particularly nice with some sophisticated casework and advanced graphing of dive functions. My only gripe with the SPF100 (and this applies to most dive computers) is the lack of a chronograph function.

One function of the SPF100 is a contrast control on the LCD screen. You don't see that too often. If you are used to G Shocks, I think you'll be pretty surprised and pleased with the quality of the SPF100.

Here are pics of some of my Casio dive computers.

Thanks, petew - those pictures are amazing. In fact, I've noticed everyone on this forum takes great pride in their pics. Very different from the other forums I belong to. I need to step up my game before I post any on here!!!

Thanks also for the feedback on the SPF's. I was drawn to the watch because of its unique functionality and appearance - fairly different from what I currently own. I'll definitely let you know what I think after "breaking it in"!!!

Thread Information