Today started the most expensive and biggest experiment in mankind history

Thread: Today started the most expensive and biggest experiment in mankind history

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Off topic Today started the most expensive and biggest experiment in mankind history

since we are an obviously technical biased and interested community, I wonder how many have noticed this:

http://www.geneva.ch/lhc.htm

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/

in short: scientists from around the world hope to get new cognitions about the birth of the universe and the big bang theory, by accelerating protons nearly to the speed of light (99,999991%) and collide them (LHC - large hadron collider).

the experiement is fairly controversial, critics are afraid of unforseen and unpredictable consequences and claim that the earth could be destroyed by creating one ore more black hole due to the colliding process. what do you think?

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Re: Today started the most expensive and biggest experiment in mankind history

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post

the experiement is fairly controversial, critics are afraid of unforseen and unpredictable consequences and claim that the earth could be destroyed by creating one ore more black hole due to the colliding process. what do you think?

regards, holger
    no way, earth is destroyed by environmental pollution, slowly

Sibe

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    since we are an obviously technical biased and interested community, I wonder how many have noticed this:

http://www.geneva.ch/lhc.htm

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/

in short: scientists from around the world hope to get new cognitions about the birth of the universe and the big bang theory, by accelerating protons nearly to the speed of light (99,999991%) and collide them (LHC - large hadron collider).

regards, holger

The project is pretty cool, and I hope it yields many practical benefits to all. I've heard about the fears and think they are overblown. Most scientists in the know, know it's not going to happen. Heck, if it does though, no one's gonna know

Kev

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    The project is pretty cool, and I hope it yields many practical benefits to all. I've heard about the fears and think they are overblown. Most scientists in the know, know it's not going to happen. Heck, if it does though, no one's gonna know

Kev
    That's just what I was thinking.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
    -Albert Einstein

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

My Team
    Casio DW-6900-1V; DW-9100; GW-5600J-1; GW-6900-1; GW-6900B; GW-7900B; GW-9200-1; GW-A1000FC-2ADR; GW-M5600-1ER; MTG-520; PAW-1500T
    Citizen AT0660-05F; AT4004-52E; AT8020-54L; ATD53-3011; AV0021-52H; AV0031-59A; BL1258-53L; BL5440-58E; BN0088-03E; BN0100-51E; BZ0000-50E; EBJ74-1741; JY0010-50E; JV0020-12F; JY0000-53E; JY8000-50E; PMD56-2861; PMT56-2731; PMX56-2812
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Rolex Two-tone 1500
    Seiko SARB023; SBDB001; SBDC003; SBPG001; SKA371; SKA511; SKXA33; SKZ325; SLT079; SLT081; SNDA59; SNE109; SNE283; SNG045; SPB001J; SRP043; SRP227; SRP307; SSC017

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer WAJ2110.BA0870

Not sure but I think NPR updated this morning said the 17 mile tunnel that the particles are sent through will re-create the post impact environment of the universe forming.
    What the heck does that mean? How could anyone have a clue what the environment looked like a nano second after the "birth" of the universe?
    I have an open mind but really...
    Living on the edge, sneaking watches in the house under the stealth of night to evade the disapproving look of my lovley wife...

I've been hearing and reading about this for nearly a decade or more. I was even about to apply for its fire brigade but gave up due to the very high requirements. Hopefully this will throw a little light on the universe's birth AND a new source of energy.

I equate this to the $500,000 taxpayer grant a university was given to determine if a cows farts are bad for the Ozone, or the $250,000 taxpayer grant the government gave another school for one of the most important social issues plaguing civilization......whether or not Bugs Bunny was homosexual. I could go on and on with the meaningless nonsense money gets sunk into that leads to no information whatsoever benefitting nobody.

By the way, whatever happened to the global COOLING that was feared and talked about in the 70's that was predicting another ice age for man the way we talk about global WARMING today?

All things that keep me scratching my brain
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    I equate this to the $500,000 taxpayer grant a university was given to determine if a cows farts are bad for the Ozone, or the $250,000 taxpayer grant the government gave another school for one of the most important social issues plaguing civilization......whether or not Bugs Bunny was homosexual. I could go on and on with the meaningless nonsense money gets sunk into that leads to no information whatsoever benefitting nobody.

By the way, whatever happened to the global COOLING that was feared and talked about in the 70's that was predicting another ice age for man the way we talk about global WARMING today?

All things that keep me scratching my brain
    I agree

I think it's a wonderful experiment, and as significant as space exploration.

We have enquiring minds, we must enquire!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information