Tokyo design Project Question

Thread: Tokyo design Project Question

Tokyo design Project Question

I have recently discovered this 5600 model and wonder if anyone has one, what they think of it, what size is it compared to other 5600's, is it the standard module for the basic 5600, is the resin stiffer or softer, is there anything otherwise unique to it, and finally what is a reasonable expectation of cost...i'm thinking under $70. There are several available on the bay and I'm thinking of picking one up but not sure about the cost since it is seemingly the same as the most basic 5600e other than the resin and white "dial".

On another note, does anyone know if there is a 5600 which is larger than the others (I'm thinking the referee timer is a bit bigger but not sure)

Thanks !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Matt

Re: Tokyo design Project Question

It has the basic 5600 module, but I can't answer your other questions. I think someone has one, so let's hope they see your post.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks Tribe, that's what I thought. Are your 5600 versions roughly the same sizes?
    Matt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Tokyo design Project Question

Hi Matt,

All 5600 models have the same size (DW-5600, G-5600 and GW-5600). Also the DW-056 is the same size, but there are very little models with that model number. Actually all the square DW-5X00 models are about the same size, with the exeption of the DW-5500.

I'm not sure about the prices of the T.D.P. models. I think $70.- is reasonable. When they were just released you saw them sometimes on eBay. I believe you don't see it often anymore now.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

As others have said, the TDP 5600 is the standard 5600 size. It is differentiated by the special packaging and case/strap. 70.00 is a very good price for a TDP. I think the atomic solar 5600's might be a tiny bit larger than a standard 5600.

If you are looking for a chunkier square G, the vintage 5300's and 6800's are worth looking for. They are slightly chunkier than the 5600C shown in the right in the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi wristrested,
    I have that model. It's the same as the other 5600's. I paid about 40 without packaging, tags or manual.

cheers,

thanks for the information, KPatt me thinks you stole that particular watch....at that price.

Maybe I'll splurge or get one of the 6900's with the dramatically better clarity from Japan.
    Matt

Thread Information