Is it too much to ask???

Thread: Is it too much to ask???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it too much to ask???

All I want is a solar atomic watch with tide/moon indicator. And of course water and mud resistance.

Re: Is it too much to ask???

Quote Originally Posted by Rapt View Post
    All I want is a solar atomic watch with tide/moon indicator. And of course water and mud resistance.
    I'm not sure, but you might find most of those features on one of the older Gulfmans. Not the mud resistance, but I wouldn't worry too much about that.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Wink Re: Is it too much to ask???

Hi Rapt,

Isn't the GW-400 such a watch? (Atomic for Japan and US only).

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have just got a GW-400 and it does have tide/moon indicator. Just a shame that the atomic sync won't work with the U.K. transmitter.

It has an unusual vibrating alarm feature, which is the main reason I got it, and the design is good imo.

Thumbs Up Re: Is it too much to ask???

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Rapt,

Isn't the GW-400 such a watch? (Atomic for Japan and US only).

Cheers,

Sjors

Yup. Here's mine in tidal mode. It's my favourite module, but as Sjors says, the atomic reception only works with the Japanese and US signals. It has easily the best tidal graphing and most accurate moon graph of any G-shock that I'm aware of. I just hope Casio don't come out with another cool 2008 Hawaian model which I might be forced to buy.

Yeah, I wish the atomic gulfman had the tide/moon charts, oh well, I'll be satisfied when I order the non atomic Gulfman...

Weird, I'm wearing my Silencer for the first time in a long while. BTW, was it ever discovered if the green ones had a painted on coating or is it all the way through the resin?
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by natornate View Post
    Weird, I'm wearing my Silencer for the first time in a long while. BTW, was it ever discovered if the green ones had a painted on coating or is it all the way through the resin?
    No, it's painted on a green rubber base, like I believe most of the metallic finished ones are. It's actually very much like an automotive paint, but obviously one that's made with a flexible plastic base.

I don't see it cracking or peeling off in the long run. Actually, it may in fact help protect the rubber from rot. I think the Japs have the quality plastic coatings down pat...it looks great.
    Last edited by bluegum; November 23rd, 2007 at 09:55.

Cool!

Thanks for letting me know about that one... The silent (vibrating) alarm is even a good bonus...

I'll have to see if I can find one. :D

Anyone have any suggestions for buying one in Canada/US? Seems they're "archived" on the website.
    Last edited by Rapt; November 23rd, 2007 at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapt View Post
    Cool!
    Anyone have any suggestions for buying one in Canada/US? Seems they're "archived" on the website.
    I think you might have trouble buying the GW-400 in the US...I haven't seen it on a site there for a while. I got mine from Japan (the green surf model was a 'Japan-only' model). You can still buy the black model from Seiya, but I'd also suggest you email Higuichi for a price quote as well. They're both reliable Japanese sellers who ship worldwide. Also, I'd suggest the silencers would appear quite regularly on Ebay.

http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/G-...apan_Made.html
    http://www.higuchi-inc.com/index-e.html (note that this site shows the green model, but he's out of those limited editions now, ask about the black model)

If you're really, really keen for the LE green model, 'our man in Japan' might be able to source one for you as he did me.

I don't know why Casio have pulled this model from the US market...it's a great G-Shock (the Celsius-only thermometer probably didn't help).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information