Total Devastation Strike 2...
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Total Devastation Strike 2...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Total Devastation Strike 2...

I have not done one of these unboxing threads for a long time so here we go again...

Time for the box...

Can you guess what is inside?

I have always wondered what the text on these blue labels says. Can perhaps someone who reads Japanese translate what it says?

Oh white wrinkled paper. We are getting closer and this got to be as exciting as the invention of sliced bread... Any guess yet what is inside?

Even closer, now we see a bubble wrapped watch box...

Ahh it is the Japanese display type box. Sorry to hear Starscream that your very first of this type did not survive the wrath of the G inside...

Module 3285, what could it be... If you know already then you score big points as a G-Wis!

First glimpse of da thing... Surely by now you can guess what it is???

And Voila finally the reveal... It is the G-8900SC-6JR Devastator model. So you see Starscream was not the only one hit with devastation. I had the fortune of getting Devastators other leg!

The label shows it being part of the regular Crazy Colors model. But strangely both in Japan and the rest of Asia as well as Europe it is very limited. I have only seen it sold in Germany here in Europe and even in Japan the number of listings for these are not plentiful. Strange considering it is just part of the crazy colors series. Another indicator it might be unusually limited is that this as well as the blue/pink Romanticator are not listed in the 2013 brand catalog, only the new and coming SC colorways are being shown. So who knows it might be that these summer drops are indeed quite limited and just something Casio did for fun to please us color crazy people! The 6900 models in this SC series seems much more available in most countries.

A quick rundown of its features. It comes with a 24 hour stopwatch and also a 24 hour timer settable to the minute (unfortunately current time is not visible in timer or STW mode). 48 cities world time, 5 alarms but no snooze and hourly chime, full auto calendar up to the year 2099. 12/24 hour timekeeping. Buttons can be muted and a 3 year battery(CR2016). Auto Super LED with selectable 1.5 or 3 seconds duration. And of course it is a G-Shock with G resistance and 200M WR! So it is a fairly standard module by todays standards, nothing fancy but it got the main things you need. Size and weight are 55.1mm lug to lug and 52.5mm wide and 16.3mm thick (2.17"X 2.06"X 0.64"), weight is 69 grams or 2.46oz.

Case back shows it is made in China, the strap is made in China to. The backside of the strap is an amazing Kawasaki green color.

Upside of the strap is this amazing shiny sparkling green with a metallic goldish shimmer! My fave type of green! The strap keeper is a jelly light purple colorway. Perhaps it would have been better with a dark jelly purple color because this one will be more prone to yellowing over the years. But that is just a small issue I have about it! The buckle is the usual double tang type found in the Big case models.

Time for some wrist shots...

I really love how the purple and green comes to life in the strong sunlight!

Unfortunately I did not manage to get a perfectly sharp wrist shoot directly from the front. By the time I discovered that it was slightly out of focus the sun was already gone and I have not seen the sun since. So I think I will take a new photo in the near future once I get the opportunity.

A really great display with bigger then normal digits for a G-Shock(the digits on this is larger than on solar and solar atomic versions of the 8900), the digits are also mirrored . Unusually clear display for being a negative display. In the sun it has a little/tad more transparency and brighter pink colorway than other pink display G's that I own. I think it is because it does not have an EL panel and are using LED lights instead. A really lovely display I must say!

A bonus I received from the same seller in a separate envelope package. What could it be?

Voila... Interesting it was a 13" laptop case printed with various G-Shock models and a G-Shock logo. Very nice! Must be an unusual promotional item as I have never seen one before!

Nice detail in the form a DW-6900 shaped zipper...

Devastator on top!

Color comparison with the DW-6900NB-3. The Devastator is slightly darker green tone but equally bright nonetheless. The golden shimmer is nearly identical. Overall the colors are very similar.

The back of the Devastator is Kawasaki green...

While it is a light green/yellowish tone on the DW-6900NB-3. So because the base tone of the resin underneath the glossy finish is a richer green on the Devastator there will be a slight difference on the coating. But the difference is not very noticeable from a distance. I also think the grain size on the Devastator might be slightly larger, making it slightly more sparkling.

El shoot! Very nice indeed. Love that bright dual LED pink light!

Oh look it is swimming like a sperm! Nah this is an accidental shot where I dropped it on the laptop bag while the EL light was activated and the camera was in self shutter mode and managed to capture it just as it was bouncing off the surface. Sometimes accidents yield interesting results!

Oh noooo my Devastator leg is being drawn to something... He wants that head, would be good for his assembly ya know...

I am not your head, get the heck of my head you fool or else I show you some devastation...

Devastator Hulk edition, I hope he wears a G that poor dude Sorry about this!

I really like this model and it is actually the very first 8900 model in my collection. One of the better releases this year if you ask me! Hope you liked this!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

LUW

Re: Total Devastation Strike 2...

Pretty cool! And colorful!
    Are you sure the digits are bigger ? Looking at my 8900SH-2 (with the same #3285) they look to be in the same size.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Pretty cool! And colorful!
    Are you sure the digits are bigger ? Looking at my 8900SH-2 (with the same #3285) they look to be in the same size.
    But your 8900SH are also the regular battery operated 8900. I meant in comparison to the solar and solar atomic versions of the 8900 series. I get the impression that those digits are smaller.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

I didn't notice the "solar and solar atomic versions" part, sorry.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    I have not done one of these unboxing threads for a long time so here we go again...

I have always wondered what the text on these blue labels says. Can perhaps someone who reads Japanese translate what it says?
    Google Translate
    https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&...BE%BF%E5%B1%80

Name:  tranrate20130825.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  187.7 KB
    Crater and Joakim Agren like this.
    I am sorry if you don't understand what I say, my English skills are really poor (bad).

Oh yeah!!! right on bro! much much better write up and pics than mine as well! congrats.

and that bonus laptop case!! awesome!! what seller was this btw? I might order from them next time..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Constructicons.jpg 
Views:	1805 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	1201129

I got dibs on Bonecrusher! since my box was crushed it's fitting as well.. lol

okay.. now we need 4 more guys to buy this, then we can combine and crush everyone's watches on here! lol

BTW Total Devastation Strike 2 sounds like an awesome name for an action flick!
    Last edited by starscream; August 25th, 2013 at 16:37. Reason: forgot mixmaster!
    Chrisek and Joakim Agren like this.

nice green on the straps

lvt

You are crazy
    Joakim Agren likes this.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Awesome! Yours had a slightly better time of it in transit than poor old starscream's! :)
    Joakim Agren likes this.
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

Total Devastation Strike 2...

Awesome posting Joakim and yes slightly luckier than poor boy Starscream but at the same time I'm bit scared & worried about my incoming goodies this Friday or Saturday. Thumbs up and knock on wood. It's frightening to imagine .... if ...
    Last edited by Deepsea_dweller; August 25th, 2013 at 10:05.
    Crater and Joakim Agren like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information